Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
I still remember ATYCLB coming out. It was the first non-Best Of album that I owned.
That was the first album that came out since I became a fan, so I was all in the hype and stuff. I'm still wondering if that's why I was disappointed with it... I much prefer being clueless about stuff, I think!

s here for HTDAAB though. I remember when it leaked. I said "nah, it's not going to leak tonight" and went to bed. In those days, my computer was still in my bedroom. 15 minutes later, I was just nodding off when gorman IMed me. I normally would just ignore IMs I received when I was going to sleep, but for some reason I got up. And the album leaked, song by song ...

/ramble
I think I would have tried to resist and go back to bed... see above. :reject:

I'm gonna miss this place when the tour starts. :(

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've read everything since i left, but i kinda skimmed so....no :(

:lol:

Basically, he found a way around the forum's rule against spamming your eBay auctions. One of the accounts, I think cs0rpc, asked where to find something. The other account replied with some suggestions, one of which was a link to eBay to demonstrate it was available there. Of course, it linked to their own auction.

We were sufficiently impressed by the thought and effort that I think we kinda want it to stay! :laugh:

Axver said:
More people need to agree with us on this point. I got Carry That Weight stuck in my head a few days ago. I don't even know why. Fucking agony. Whichever one of them sings that just sucks.
The Beatles cover the whole range of love -> hate for me... some of their songs are awesome, some are utter shite, and there are plenty in the middle. There was just SO MUCH of it... :huh:

Axver said:

Basically, he found a way around the forum's rule against spamming your eBay auctions. One of the accounts, I think cs0rpc, asked where to find something. The other account replied with some suggestions, one of which was a link to eBay to demonstrate it was available there. Of course, it linked to their own auction.

We were sufficiently impressed by the thought and effort that I think we kinda want it to stay! :laugh:
oh, that...yeah i saw that post. too late, i edited it last night :tongue:

Alisaura said:

It's THE DESCENDANT! Or whatever that was... :reject:

THE AMENDMENT!

If it weren't for me, my buddies would be somewhere in central New Jersey right now. My sense of direction gets us out of another jam. Holla.

Alisaura said:

That was the first album that came out since I became a fan, so I was all in the hype and stuff. I'm still wondering if that's why I was disappointed with it... I much prefer being clueless about stuff, I think!

I actually think all the hype caused me to like HTDAAB more than I otherwise would've. I once ranked it 2nd or 3rd in my albums! Now it's 2nd or 3rd last. Sure, my tastes have evolved, but if it had just come out and I hadn't been online, I think it would've come in around the middle

I think I would have tried to resist and go back to bed... see above. :reject:

I'm gonna miss this place when the tour starts. :(

I'm not just a postwhore. I'm a spoilerwhore. You've got to be to run live setlists! And are you sure you should bail on Interference when it's not even guaranteed U2 will come down here?

phillyfan26 said:
THE AMENDMENT!

If it weren't for me, my buddies would be somewhere in central New Jersey right now. My sense of direction gets us out of another jam. Holla.
Whoops, sorry Mr AMENDMENT sir... :uhoh:

I went on hols with a guy once who was surprised that I could read a map. :rolleyes: :madwife:

Alisaura said:

The Beatles cover the whole range of love -> hate for me... some of their songs are awesome, some are utter shite, and there are plenty in the middle. There was just SO MUCH of it... :huh:

I don't mind a couple of songs, like Tomorrow Never Knows. But most of it is really bad. And the early stuff is utter boyband shit.

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh well, i have key lime tea cakes and chocolate covered gummi bears to hold me over.
Chocolate gummi bears? :hmm:

I had a key lime white choc chip cookie the other day. That was pretty :drool:

Alisaura said:
I went on hols with a guy once who was surprised that I could read a map. :rolleyes: :madwife:

:|

I, for the record, love maps. You're never lost if you're with an Axver carrying a map.

In fact, I'm never lost anyway. It's not that hard to figure out which way is north.

Axver said:
And the early stuff is utter boyband shit.

Fully agree. The Beatles are a very mixed bag to me. Their early stuff is pure pop, and I'm a person who solely listens to rock.

"A Day in the Life" is a great song.

Axver said:
I'm not just a postwhore. I'm a spoilerwhore. You've got to be to run live setlists! And are you sure you should bail on Interference when it's not even guaranteed U2 will come down here?
Well, I aim to go see them if they don't come here. Or at least, I aim to go to Dublin/London anyway, and then an Aussie tour will be a bonus.

Barracking for a weak US$ :wink:

So, by the time they may get here, I will hopefully have seen them already... so I guess if I pull that off, there won't be any harm in coming back to the blue crack afterwards... :D

I'm still staying well clear of "Where the Album Has No Name" though. Definitely want to be an album virgin. :yes:

Goddamnit. I go to make lunch, and as I'm getting bread out of the freezer, I managed to launch a plastic container out at great speed onto the floor and smash it. :|

Axver said:
I don't mind a couple of songs, like Tomorrow Never Knows. But most of it is really bad. And the early stuff is utter boyband shit.
I love Tomorrow Never Knows. And Eleanor Rigby and Blackbird and Norwegian Wood and Love you To or one of those songs that has a similar title... and Walrus. :D And Dear Prudence.

Been a while since I gave Sgt Peppers or the White Album a listen... or whichever one Day in the Life is on, if it's not them. :reject:

Axver said:
I, for the record, love maps. You're never lost if you're with an Axver carrying a map.

In fact, I'm never lost anyway. It's not that hard to figure out which way is north.
I had to get fairly comfortable with maps on all those geology field trips... I can't say I love them, but I can read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom