Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again? - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #541
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

All three of those are classic

Two of my teachers had the worst last name. They were a married couple and were originally the Crappers. I discovered that when I was flicking through old yearbooks in the library. By the time I'd got to the school, they'd changed their last name to Capper.
Damn! I think the best name we had was Bungay. Obviously there is only so much you can do with that.

Our principle was BJ Bentley though. That was always useful.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #542
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

gladys knight and the pips is a band.

jeeese ax even i knew that.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #543
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Probably the most privately run-style public school in the country. I think they even had a plan of trying to convert to a private school although i think that fell through because they serve too large an area to tell people to fuck off.

Wow, this post is serving no purpose. Uh. Primary school in New Zealand was good! Actually, not really. Despite doing a year more than Australia, when I came here, I felt everyone was ahead of where we'd been in New Zealand.

But back when I was at primary school, the Kapiti Coast was the sticks, moreso than it is now.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #544
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:43 PM
Quote:
Two of my teachers had the worst last name. They were a married couple and were originally the Crappers. I discovered that when I was flicking through old yearbooks in the library. By the time I'd got to the school, they'd changed their last name to Capper.
Okay, they win.

There was a music teacher called Mr Condon, too... I'm sure you can all guess where that one went.

He was a strange little man, too. BIIIIG Toto fan.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #545
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

I've just come down from a big Atmospheric U2 spree... all Captive and Passengers and Zooropa and things like Dying Sailor and Beautiful Ghost...

Am a bit directionless at the moment... I'm liking Boy, but I discovered John Butler and got into Muse and Tool again too.
CAPTIVE.

MUSE.

For the win!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #546
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Damn! I think the best name we had was Bungay. Obviously there is only so much you can do with that.

Our principle was BJ Bentley though. That was always useful.
Oh, that reminds me! One of the guys in line to be the next principal had the last name of Dick.

I'm actually surprised we didn't make more of that than we did. We'd just remark "what a horrible last name" and leave it at that, really. I guess it was just too easy a target.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 08:06 PM   #547
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
jeeese ax even i knew that.
I truly have no idea who you're talking about.

So I'm going to go hang up the load of washing I just did instead!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #548
Blue Crack Supplier

I don't know anyone who's actually seen Captive, but from all accounts it was fucking awful. How can such fantastic music be connected to such a horrible film?

More to the point, did Edge actually think the film was good?
Old 02-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #549
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Okay, they win.

There was a music teacher called Mr Condon, too... I'm sure you can all guess where that one went.

He was a strange little man, too. BIIIIG Toto fan.
Heh. One year we had a female music teacher who was hot but everyone noticed had a moustache.

Holy shit those were funny classes.

One year we had an older guy who apparently was an NZ Commonwealth games weightlifter years and year ago. He was so old school, it was awesome.

We played chess in his classroom at lunch. One time i said fuck really loud in a dead silent room and he didn't bat an eye.

We also threw all sorts of shit into the ceiling because it was some spongy type of panelling. One of my mates won when he landed a weight he nicked from science in the ceiling with a long string hanging from it.

And my geography teacher in my last year, there was a funny man. The entire class all we usually did was listen to music and roughly discuss geography. He swore regularly and you got a good hit on the knuckles if you didn't do your homework.

I loved that during assessments he "thought out loud" on the board to direct us as to what to write to pass the assignment. And come the end of the year, i had failed one assessment (ok, i hadn't handed it in) and did really well in another. When he came to confirm the marks with me it said i had passed both on the same level. I pointed it out to him and he said it would even out if we left it.

Fuck, that's a long post.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #550
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Wow, this post is serving no purpose. Uh. Primary school in New Zealand was good! Actually, not really. Despite doing a year more than Australia, when I came here, I felt everyone was ahead of where we'd been in New Zealand.

But back when I was at primary school, the Kapiti Coast was the sticks, moreso than it is now.
Primary School in NZ #1: Not bad
Primary School in Oz: Pretty crap
Primary School in NZ #2: Great
Old 02-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #551
Vocal parasite

I'm being far too productive today. One load of washing's done, another's on, and I've vacuumed. What next? I'll actually do the ironing?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 08:15 PM   #552
Blue Crack Supplier

We had an ancient substitute teacher who was in his 70s... he was supposed to teach us Indonesian occasionally but instead he told us probably apocryphal stories about WWII or whatever happened to take his fancy. That was cool.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:15 PM   #553
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I don't know anyone who's actually seen Captive, but from all accounts it was fucking awful. How can such fantastic music be connected to such a horrible film?

More to the point, did Edge actually think the film was good?
Hah, really? I haven't even heard any accounts of Captive. To me it's almost like only the soundtrack happened. By the sounds of it, perhaps that would've been better!

I love Rowena's Theme so much. You guys might want to look out for at least a bit of it tomorrow ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 08:15 PM   #554
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm being far too productive today. One load of washing's done, another's on, and I've vacuumed. What next? I'll actually do the ironing?
Man, I'm still in PJs. Wanna come over and do my laundry too?
Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #555
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I love Rowena's Theme so much. You guys might want to look out for at least a bit of it tomorrow ...

You're not making me feel any better about missing this.

*goes into Melbournite thread to find that segue thing*
Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #556
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
We had an ancient substitute teacher who was in his 70s... he was supposed to teach us Indonesian occasionally but instead he told us probably apocryphal stories about WWII or whatever happened to take his fancy. That was cool.
We had two hilarious substitute teachers.

One was an older guy, straight out of a private school in the 1950s, surely.

And other guy who was fat and a miserable bastard who got nicknamed the walrus.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #557
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Heh. One year we had a female music teacher who was hot but everyone noticed had a moustache.
We had this female English teacher who everybody thought was hot (I can't say I paid much attention to my teachers in that way) until they discovered she was a bitch and then opinion turned.

I, for the record, don't think she was a bitch. She was just good at owning people when they broke the rules. Which included me one day when she discovered I was drawing maps in my English book rather than doing some boring poetry-related task ...

Quote:
I loved that during assessments he "thought out loud" on the board to direct us as to what to write to pass the assignment. And come the end of the year, i had failed one assessment (ok, i hadn't handed it in) and did really well in another. When he came to confirm the marks with me it said i had passed both on the same level. I pointed it out to him and he said it would even out if we left it.
That's great. So were your other stories. I had one great teacher - the one I met up with - who was getting pissed off with the state curriculum being useless. There was one unit he didn't want to teach and had a better idea of something more useful instead. He said he was tempted to write our essays for us - he only had to submit five for external verification, one for each grade. He knew our writing styles and could've easily faked essays, and he was going to just give us our average mark. As it turned out, he did teach the unit with his own spin on it, partly because I wanted to do it and told him as much, but I have to wonder if he's actually pulled that trick since I left ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #558
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:43 PM
Quote:
That was a devious trick!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #559
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:43 PM
i finished all my projects half an hour early! now i get to devote all my time on this thread until it's time to leave
Old 02-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #560
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Primary School in NZ #1: Not bad
Primary School in Oz: Pretty crap
Primary School in NZ #2: Great
Primary school in New Zealand: Good, but backwards in some regards.
Primary school in Australia: Good curriculum and teachers for the most part, but horrible, horrible students who made the token Kiwi want to go home.
High school in Australia: Good. Ended up having far too much focus on performing arts and sport though, which meant that I the academic debater got shafted and fucked around a bit.

Gig pictures | Blog
Closed Thread