Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again? - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #521
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:27 AM
as for funny names....this guy's last name is boner

Old 02-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #522
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

Seen it once...doesn't do it for me.

Ey ey ey ey
Sure, that's what they all say ey ey ey.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #523
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
as for funny names....this guy's last name is boner
SO WAS ONE OF KATE'S TEACHERS.

This Mr Boner was apparently a former mayor of Nashville or TN Congressman or something who later decided to go into teaching high school politics courses or something. He was a complete hack and got fired.

Seriously, wouldn't you at least change your name to Bonner?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #524
Vocal parasite

Quote:

so you don't like gladys knight watermelons?
I have no clue what that is. Some watermelon that's all pip, no melon?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #525
Vocal parasite

Quote:
At the moment i'm really into U2-atmospheric and a bit of U2-post punk
That's been me for about the last two years.

Boy/October/War/UF/JT/studioRAH/Passengers for the win.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #526
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Did you guys have a separate sports uniform though? Because ours was just dumb. It made us look like state school trash
I don't know, we were a public school. Sports teams just chucked on a blazer too.

We had an interesting time with PE gear while i was there. Initially it sucked. White polo style shirt with school logo and blue shorts with two small strips of school colour on leg.

My third year the PE gear became fucken awesome. The shirts were your house colour (still with school logo) and the pants went to a very bright blue with the school logo on one of the legs. Without exception, the shirts all looked awesome.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #527
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Old 02-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #528
Vocal parasite

Quote:

not really. a hairdresser once told me it was auburn, but i dunno.

i'm lucky, my friends don't listen to that stupid shit so people don't send me youtube links like that. and if they do, it's sent via aim or what have you so i can easily close the window after finding out what it is.

and it doesn't surprise me he's desperate
See, I don't get this, how can you forget your own natural hair colour? I mean, don't you have photos of when you're little with your natural colour? I can understand somebody like my grandmother forgetting, since all the photos of her when she was little are in black and white and there's nobody else around to remind her what it was, but ... in this day and age?

Kate nowadays seems to just like to torment me with shitty music for her own personal amusement.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #529
Blue Crack Addict

Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Sports uniforms, eww. We had piss yellow shirts and black pants.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #530
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I don't know, we were a public school. Sports teams just chucked on a blazer too.

We had an interesting time with PE gear while i was there. Initially it sucked. White polo style shirt with school logo and blue shorts with two small strips of school colour on leg.

My third year the PE gear became fucken awesome. The shirts were your house colour (still with school logo) and the pants went to a very bright blue with the school logo on one of the legs. Without exception, the shirts all looked awesome.
Wow, you actually went to a state school and had blazers and shit? I don't think anywhere on the Gold Coast is that cultured. Or if they supposedly are, it's just some crappy looking bit of fabric they throw around themselves to try to convince us all that they aren't vapid. Oh yes, I'm that full of venom about the Gold Coast and Queensland and such. What a horrible, horrible part of the world.

I wish our house and sports uniforms had looked good. Though I never went to any event that required a house uniform. I got out of stupid sports carnivals due to my aversion to the sun!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #531
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:27 PM
Quote:
SO WAS ONE OF KATE'S TEACHERS.

This Mr Boner was apparently a former mayor of Nashville or TN Congressman or something who later decided to go into teaching high school politics courses or something. He was a complete hack and got fired.

Seriously, wouldn't you at least change your name to Bonner?
My yr. 12 maths teacher was Mr Vigilante. He was awesome.

My brother had two teachers with great names... Mr Tester and Mr Dunce. I still can't quite believe that...!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #532
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by liamcool

sports uniforms,
wouldnt know, used to skip sport and go do something better .

and as for being state school trash-

stick ya blazer up ya pompus private school arse ax.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #533
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by liamcool
Must've suited you.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #534
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I have no clue what that is. Some watermelon that's all pip, no melon?
gladys knight and the pips is a band.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #535
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
and as for being state school trash-

stick ya blazer up ya pompus private school arse ax.
No no no, I'm just bagging Gold Coast state schools. No experience with Victorian ones. The ones back home in New Zealand seemed fine.

But the ones on the Gold Coast were just made of fail. I would've gone to one if they hadn't been so shitty. Instead my mother spent money she didn't have to send me to a private school so that I could have a semblance of an education.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #536
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Wow, you actually went to a state school and had blazers and shit? I don't think anywhere on the Gold Coast is that cultured. Or if they supposedly are, it's just some crappy looking bit of fabric they throw around themselves to try to convince us all that they aren't vapid. Oh yes, I'm that full of venom about the Gold Coast and Queensland and such. What a horrible, horrible part of the world.

I wish our house and sports uniforms had looked good. Though I never went to any event that required a house uniform. I got out of stupid sports carnivals due to my aversion to the sun!
Probably the most privately run-style public school in the country. I think they even had a plan of trying to convert to a private school although i think that fell through because they serve too large an area to tell people to fuck off.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #537
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:27 PM
Quote:

I've just come down from a big Atmospheric U2 spree... all Captive and Passengers and Zooropa and things like Dying Sailor and Beautiful Ghost...

Am a bit directionless at the moment... I'm liking Boy, but I discovered John Butler and got into Muse and Tool again too.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #538
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
See, I don't get this, how can you forget your own natural hair colour? I mean, don't you have photos of when you're little with your natural colour? I can understand somebody like my grandmother forgetting, since all the photos of her when she was little are in black and white and there's nobody else around to remind her what it was, but ... in this day and age?

Kate nowadays seems to just like to torment me with shitty music for her own personal amusement.
photos of me from a kid show me as a blonde, yo.

awww, i'm sorry.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #539
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

My yr. 12 maths teacher was Mr Vigilante. He was awesome.

My brother had two teachers with great names... Mr Tester and Mr Dunce. I still can't quite believe that...!
All three of those are classic

Two of my teachers had the worst last name. They were a married couple and were originally the Crappers. I discovered that when I was flicking through old yearbooks in the library. By the time I'd got to the school, they'd changed their last name to Capper.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #540
Vocal parasite

Quote:

gladys knight and the pips is a band.
That was a devious trick!

Gig pictures | Blog
Closed Thread