Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again? - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #501
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

Nothing, absolutely nothing compares to rotten watermelon.

Almost two years later and i still gag at the smell that wouldn't leave me as i sprinted down the driveway trying to hold the bag as far away from my body as possible.

I hate watermelon anyway. Without the pips, it tastes kind of alright ... until it makes me burp. I end up burping every time I eat the stuff and the smell of watermelon coming back up is not worth describing.

So now I just avoid the repulsive stuff.

All melon sucks really. Expect the Interferencer named melon. He's smart enough that it almost makes me want to feel more positively about the disgusting crap.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #502
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

We had a banana that went black and LEAKED everywhere last week.... It was only a few days old, too.

Tip: Do not store fruit in full sun.
We cleverly put the watermelon in the cupboard to make the house look tidy.

It looked tidy, but fuck it smelt bad. It dripped everyone.

Urgh.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #503
Vocal parasite

Quote:
My school uniform was great, although i didn't bother with the optional blazer.

Actually, i should specify. My school senior uniform was great. The second i was allowed to wear long pants instead of shorts i was sold.

Everybody looked good in the senior uniform. The junior uniform made everyone look nine years old.
At my school, the blazer was compulsory for senior students (grades 11-12) during terms two and three.

Mine was the same way with junior vs senior uniforms. Oh goodness, we looked awful with shorts and stupid long socks held up at knee level. I was so happy when I got into trousers and blazer and could leave that behind.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #504
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
i don't know about using paint. my hair's probably so fragile with having gone from auburn with about 15 different coloured streaks after another, then having them all at once, and now having white and black hair, if i did paint, it'd probably fall out. plus i'm trying to grow out my hair (and doing a pretty good job so far). i've just got about half a foot left to go.
If I ever decide I want to grow my hair out again, I will first have to live with an afro for at least a year. I'm not prepared to do that yet....
Old 02-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #505
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I actually think i like Beach Sequence more than Slug too
I think Beach Sequence and Slug are pretty much tied for me.

Both are incredible pieces of beautiful atmospheric work. People need to stop writing off Passengers like uninformed music n00bs who only enjoy a song if Bono's screaming his lungs out in the chorus.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #506
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:46 PM
come on ali go the fro!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #507
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I actually think i like Beach Sequence more than Slug too
I adore Beach Sequence. It's a whole 'nother beast than Slug and YBR though, I think.

Heck, my favourites on any album change with my mood anyway.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #508
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
At my school, the blazer was compulsory for senior students (grades 11-12) during terms two and three.
How very random.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #509
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
i don't know about using paint. my hair's probably so fragile with having gone from auburn with about 15 different coloured streaks after another, then having them all at once, and now having white and black hair, if i did paint, it'd probably fall out. plus i'm trying to grow out my hair (and doing a pretty good job so far). i've just got about half a foot left to go.

lol, i'm lucky, i haven't heard the song or seen the video for that song.
Khan, that's insane. Do you even still remember your original hair colour?

I NEARLY avoided Umbrella. I came so close. Then Kate brought it up on YouTube to torture me ee ee ey ey ey. KILL IT WITH A FUCKING INFERNO OF FIRE.

In the video, there's part where Rihanna dances around naked covered in gold paint or something along those lines. I think it's meant to turn on desperate guys (like Ian). It's just repulsive though.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #510
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
come on ali go the fro!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #511
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Mine was the same way with junior vs senior uniforms. Oh goodness, we looked awful with shorts and stupid long socks held up at knee level. I was so happy when I got into trousers and blazer and could leave that behind.
I think only the prefects and house leaders and whatnot bothered with the blazers because they needed them for school-community events. I'd imagine they were hideously expensive.

The long pants were just so much more practical than the shorts too. More pockets! They didn't show dirt as easily! You didn't need to wear ridiculously hot socks in summer!

We damn near had a party the day we were allowed to wear them. The shirts were pretty cool too. We went from almost an interference-blue all over shirt to a darker blue and white thin-striped shirt.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #512
Vocal parasite

Quote:

How very random.
Well, it was ostensibly a winter uniform.

Just like Queensland ostensibly has winter.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #513
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I think it's meant to turn on desperate guys (like Ian).
Seen it once...doesn't do it for me.

Ey ey ey ey
Old 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #514
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Without the pips
so you don't like gladys knight watermelons?
Old 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #515
Vocal parasite

Quote:

If I ever decide I want to grow my hair out again, I will first have to live with an afro for at least a year. I'm not prepared to do that yet....
I don't blame you. I don't know how people cope with long hair. It pisses me off just drying my hair after a shower when it goes afro-ish, and that's nothing compared to what pretty much 90% of females on the planet have. Wet hair for the epic phailure.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #516
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I think Beach Sequence and Slug are pretty much tied for me.

Both are incredible pieces of beautiful atmospheric work. People need to stop writing off Passengers like uninformed music n00bs who only enjoy a song if Bono's screaming his lungs out in the chorus.

Now that i'm not such a Passengers n00b it's probably around my top 5 U2 albums, although that list changes depending on the era i'm into at the time. At the moment i'm really into U2-atmospheric and a bit of U2-post punk
Old 02-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #517
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I don't blame you. I don't know how people cope with long hair. It pisses me off just drying my hair after a shower when it goes afro-ish, and that's nothing compared to what pretty much 90% of females on the planet have. Wet hair for the epic phailure.
I try to keep my hair short enough that running my hand back and forth through it for a few seconds dries it.

Speaking of which, i should get a haircut sometime.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #518
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Khan, that's insane. Do you even still remember your original hair colour?

I NEARLY avoided Umbrella. I came so close. Then Kate brought it up on YouTube to torture me ee ee ey ey ey. KILL IT WITH A FUCKING INFERNO OF FIRE.

In the video, there's part where Rihanna dances around naked covered in gold paint or something along those lines. I think it's meant to turn on desperate guys (like Ian). It's just repulsive though.
not really. a hairdresser once told me it was auburn, but i dunno.

i'm lucky, my friends don't listen to that stupid shit so people don't send me youtube links like that. and if they do, it's sent via aim or what have you so i can easily close the window after finding out what it is.

and it doesn't surprise me he's desperate
Old 02-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #519
Blue Crack Addict

Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Long hair ftw.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #520
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I think only the prefects and house leaders and whatnot bothered with the blazers because they needed them for school-community events. I'd imagine they were hideously expensive.

The long pants were just so much more practical than the shorts too. More pockets! They didn't show dirt as easily! You didn't need to wear ridiculously hot socks in summer!

We damn near had a party the day we were allowed to wear them. The shirts were pretty cool too. We went from almost an interference-blue all over shirt to a darker blue and white thin-striped shirt.
We could either wear a blazer or a sweatshirt during the winter months. I don't know why anybody would need a sweatshirt in Queensland. I got my blazer secondhand, and thus cheap. I hate to think how much a new one would've cost.

Our shirts never changed from years 8-10 to years 11-12. Did you guys have a separate sports uniform though? Because ours was just dumb. It made us look like state school trash. Not meaning to insult anybody who went to a state school. Well, unless you went to one on the Gold Coast, in which case I kinda do. Gold Coast state schools are just the worst. Especially Benowa high. Pretty much everybody who got expelled from my high school ended up there. It must've been hell.

Gig pictures | Blog
Closed Thread