Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I really like his black metal rasp. Well, it's not quite a black metal rasp, but it's close. I think it's one of the most comprehensible rasps/growls in metal. But oh, it is totally an acquired taste. Took me a good while to get into it. I don't expect anybody to like that vocal style straight up.

Sounds like it would be sung by an orc. :nerd:

the tourist said:

No, I mean your ordinary chocolate. I had a chocolate bar, Hershey's I think it was. It just sucked. So dry and cardboardy.

I really do have a wide stretch of music that I like. AND I'm a music snob. Is that possible?

the tourist said:
Sounds like it would be sung by an orc. :nerd:

:lol: Some of the more pissed Scandinavian bands would like to think they're forest trolls ...

And there is a surprising amount of LOTR-themed metal. Indeed, one member of the infamous Mayhem took his stage name from LOTR: Count Grishnackh.

Axver said:

No, I mean your ordinary chocolate. I had a chocolate bar, Hershey's I think it was. It just sucked. So dry and cardboardy.

Maybe it was just old. Like maybe it'd been produced a year ago. I've had bad ones before. Then again, I've had really good ones before, too. Although I will say I like nestle's chocolate better, if we're talking mass-produced, household names. But Ghiradelli is the best. Oh me. Oh my. An orgasm in every bite.

coolian2 said:
I like my chocolate like i like my influential public figures: white.

Kidding, kidding.

You just keep outdoing yourself for posting the worst jokes on this thread. I'm very impressed. :applaud:

Though Liam and I could outdo you in a flash with the worst joke we've ever heard.

Axver said:

:lol: Some of the more pissed Scandinavian bands would like to think they're forest trolls ...

And there is a surprising amount of LOTR-themed metal. Indeed, one member of the infamous Mayhem took his stage name from LOTR: Count Grishnackh.

My friend who introduces me to bands like this likes to think himself a viking. He's got the long hair, the huge braided beard, the nose ring that goes through the centre of his nose, hugely gauged ear-piercings. He's a very large man. And what does this viking do for a living? He is in management for a large-chain retail store. And he eats babies.

the tourist said:
I really do have a wide stretch of music that I like. AND I'm a music snob. Is that possible?

Yeah, I do that too. U2 to Explosions In The Sky to Porcupine Tree to Agalloch to Crowded House ...

Also, the part around about 9:00 in Pale Companion is my favourite part. The long clean vocals verse. "It washed away in a tide of longing ..."

Axver said:
Though Liam and I could outdo you in a flash with the worst joke we've ever heard.
... I should tell you all the cucumber joke. It's an institution in our team at work, and a rite of passage for new people... my team leader started it.

the tourist said:

My friend who introduces me to bands like this likes to think himself a viking. He's got the long hair, the huge braided beard, the nose ring that goes through the centre of his nose, hugely gauged ear-piercings. He's a very large man. And what does this viking do for a living? He is in management for a large-chain retail store. And he eats babies.

Is your friend Liam, by any chance?

No, I suppose not, Liam works for some small elitist snob record store. Guess it's Liam's US clone.

Alisaura said:

... I should tell you all the cucumber joke. It's an institution in our team at work, and a rite of passage for new people... my team leader started it.

Do it! In return, I'll share the absolute shocker I know.

Alisaura said:

:love:

Although that's a very very Frenchified English word...

Or Englishified French word. Either way. :D

See, this is another reason why English is rockin'. The diversity.

Probably my favourite word is 'subjugate'. It suits its content. Just pronouncing it makes you feel like you're subjugating the syllables and making them do what you want because you've got all the power.

Axver said:

Yeah, I do that too. U2 to Explosions In The Sky to Porcupine Tree to Agalloch to Crowded House ...

Also, the part around about 9:00 in Pale Companion is my favourite part. The long clean vocals verse. "It washed away in a tide of longing ..."

I'm at 13 minutes. I think my musical expanse is wider than yours, though. But everyone things that about themselves. But I like all the new-new-wave stuff. And believe you me, there is a ton of it. Oh, and all the Brit-pop garage stuff. And some metal, when done tastefully.

I think you might really like a band called Soundtrack of Our Lives, though they may be a little teensy bit too pop for your taste.

Axver said:

Is your friend Liam, by any chance?

No, I suppose not, Liam works for some small elitist snob record store. Guess it's Liam's US clone.

They sound like they'd have a good time bowling together, though. Bowling with baby-heads.

the tourist said:

Maybe it was just old. Like maybe it'd been produced a year ago. I've had bad ones before. Then again, I've had really good ones before, too. Although I will say I like nestle's chocolate better, if we're talking mass-produced, household names. But Ghiradelli is the best. Oh me. Oh my. An orgasm in every bite.

I was sharing it with Kate and she thought it tasted normal. Who knows! :shrug:

I tried some Nestle stuff in the US and it tasted fine, pretty much like down here. As far as mass-produced go, I'll stick behind Cadbury. :drool:

Alisaura said:

Also, "phail" is not a word either...

Phoenetically it is. I was going by phoenetics. Phail isn't a word when you spell it that way. But if you said it, it would be a word, because we'd imagine it with an "f". Schmail, however, fails on all levels. Because it's not even a word when you say it. :nerd:

Axver said:

I was sharing it with Kate and she thought it tasted normal. Who knows! :shrug:

I tried some Nestle stuff in the US and it tasted fine, pretty much like down here. As far as mass-produced go, I'll stick behind Cadbury. :drool:

Kate?

the tourist said:

I'm at 13 minutes. I think my musical expanse is wider than yours, though. But everyone things that about themselves. But I like all the new-new-wave stuff. And believe you me, there is a ton of it. Oh, and all the Brit-pop garage stuff. And some metal, when done tastefully.

I think you might really like a band called Soundtrack of Our Lives, though they may be a little teensy bit too pop for your taste.

I think my tastes in general are very wide. I'll listen to almost any style. But my loves are much more narrow. I can't quite define what it is that makes me absolutely love something besides the fact that the one thing they all have in common is that they're atmospheric in some way or another.

I've heard OF that band, I believe they even opened for U2 in 2005 at a few gigs, but I haven't listened to them. I'll track them down. Pop isn't a bad thing when it's done well, anyway. See: Crowded House.

Axver said:
Do it! In return, I'll share the absolute shocker I know.
You asked for it!

A guy is walking down the street one day... he sees another guy walking towards him with a cucumber in his ear.
The first guy stops the second guy and says, "Excuse me, but you have a cucumber in your ear."
The second guy stops and says "Sorry, I can't hear you. I have a cucumber in my ear."

The best thing about this joke is watching people's reactions when they hear it. It's a bit pointless online, I guess. :giggle:

the tourist said:

Oh, you missed that part of the thread. Kate is my American ex-girlfriend who now lives here in Australia and we're still good friends and go to the same university.

And to avoid confusion, Khan is Katie.

Axver said:

I think my tastes in general are very wide. I'll listen to almost any style. But my loves are much more narrow. I can't quite define what it is that makes me absolutely love something besides the fact that the one thing they all have in common is that they're atmospheric in some way or another.

I've heard OF that band, I believe they even opened for U2 in 2005 at a few gigs, but I haven't listened to them. I'll track them down. Pop isn't a bad thing when it's done well, anyway. See: Crowded House.

You made fun of me for liking Arctic Monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom