Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

You got owned. :laugh:

I wasn't too bad at Japanese, but I frankly found it boring and was very happy to switch to German.

We just never took the teacher seriously and the subject in general.

French i was pretty good at, and the teachers hated me for it, i'm sure. They kept giving me shit about how if i don't work harder i won't pass, and what did i do?

Oh, i believe i passed. Rather comfortably too.

What a shame i can't remember much of it now.

Screwtape2 said:

:lol: Those are the worst nicknames I have ever heard. Who in their right mind calls their teacher Queenie?

Oh, they're logical, actually. Based on their last names:

Johnson = Johnno
Robertson = Robbo
Thomson = Thommo
McQueen = Queenie

Queenie was a great sport. By the end of grade 12, nobody called him Mr McQueen.

We also had a Gibson = Gibbo, but I don't remember using that to her face much. We always called her Gibbo amongst ourselves though.

KhanadaRhodes said:
everyone in this thread needs to lose their virginity. right now.

and if you already have lost it, then you need to lose it again, for old times' sake.

So, you coming over or what?

Axver said:

Ouch. Yeah, I never checked my answers. I figured they weren't going to change anyway. And hey, I topped four subjects. So there must be something in my method!

We all just laughed at it. It wasn't a serious test.

I've now decided with exams that if my first instinct isn't right then i probably don't deserve to pass.

I've passed almost every exam since i adopted that theory too, except for maths.

I almost passed Economics despite picking it up in the last year of high school and being lost all year, but i nearly rescued it in the exam. Not to worry, i didn't expect to pass. I'm sure the teacher got a thrill seeing my marks too.

What've I missed? I can't be bothered to go back and read all of that. I'm not the "getting caught" up type.

coolian2 said:

Haha, the only one we ever got away with calling to his face was the same cool teacher who i'm meaning to catch up with....Mr G, usually said with a thick Pacific Island/NZ hip hop accent.

Others like Fothers, Walrus, The Chicken we weren't going to get away with.

:lmao:

Mr G ... shit, that just made me think of Summer Heights High. Did you get that TV show in New Zealand? Most people here thought it was hilarious. I thought it was shithouse and tried too hard. Liam's probably going to call me a moron now.

Alisaura said:

Weiss bars... they're like ice cream or something.

Delicious, but mispronounced.

Mind you, I got told that we're all pronouncing "Subaru" wrong... apparently the emphasis should be on the middle syllable... suBAru. :shrug:

I haven't tried them. A few years ago, we had two budgies who I named Weiss and Grun (with umlauts, of course). I'm glad that when people visited, we didn't have to write the name! I hate to think of poor Weiss being called "weese".

Kate keeps making fun of how we pronounce 'fillet'. Damnit, that word has long since been Anglicised and is pronounced fil-it. This pretentious US bullshit about fil-ay is just them trying to look like they know something about a language they have otherwise brutally raped and destroyed.

Axver said:

:lmao:

Mr G ... shit, that just made me think of Summer Heights High. Did you get that TV show in New Zealand? Most people here thought it was hilarious. I thought it was shithouse and tried too hard. Liam's probably going to call me a moron now.

I'm afraid i can't remember it. How long ago was it?

the tourist said:
What've I missed? I can't be bothered to go back and read all of that. I'm not the "getting caught" up type.

Remarkably clean conversation for most of this morning! I'm trying to do housework and be productive while I postwhore it up.

Varitek's gone to get drunk in a toga that would make for good boobsketball.

Axver said:

Remarkably clean conversation for most of this morning! I'm trying to do housework and be productive while I postwhore it up.

Varitek's gone to get drunk in a toga that would make for good boobsketball.

No wonder it's clean conversation. I haven't been here. Nor has Jen.

coolian2 said:

I'm afraid i can't remember it. How long ago was it?

It was a short series on the ABC here last year. Parody of Aussie high school life. One guy played three roles - gay drama teacher, stuck-up private school girl (not very well, mind you), and a Pacific Islander. Brief moments of hilarity, too many moments of "thank fuck I'm out of high school now".

the tourist said:

No wonder it's clean conversation. I haven't been here. Nor has Jen.

No, Jen's been around. In her pink pyjamas. You better hop on that plane to Geelong already. She's waaaiiiitiiiiing.

Axver said:

It was a short series on the ABC here last year. Parody of Aussie high school life. One guy played three roles - gay drama teacher, stuck-up private school girl (not very well, mind you), and a Pacific Islander. Brief moments of hilarity, too many moments of "thank fuck I'm out of high school now".

Nah, we didn't get it.

What a shame

coolian2 said:
We just never took the teacher seriously and the subject in general.

French i was pretty good at, and the teachers hated me for it, i'm sure. They kept giving me shit about how if i don't work harder i won't pass, and what did i do?

Oh, i believe i passed. Rather comfortably too.

What a shame i can't remember much of it now.

:lol:

I ended up slacking off in German just because my class pissed me off and our textbooks turned shithouse in grade 11. I still came second overall. Rock the fuck on.

Axver said:

No, Jen's been around. In her pink pyjamas. You better hop on that plane to Geelong already. She's waaaiiiitiiiiing.

The travel agent was plum out of tickets for flights to Memphis or Geelong. Apparently, SeattleVertigo and Cori purchased the last of each. *scratches head* I guess I missed something.

Axver said:
Kate keeps making fun of how we pronounce 'fillet'. Damnit, that word has long since been Anglicised and is pronounced fil-it. This pretentious US bullshit about fil-ay is just them trying to look like they know something about a language they have otherwise brutally raped and destroyed.
I have a book called "The Adventure of English" ... read it. :drool: It's all about how English has developed from what was spoken by the Frisians who settled in the Brisith isles after the Romans left, through Danish and French invasions, and all that drama with translating the Bible into English, and Martin Luther's thing in Germany, and Chaucer and Shakespeare, to where the language is at in all the countries where it's spoken today.

I say again, :drool:

Hey tourist :wave:

It was actually Americans who first tried to impose standard spellings on words... with a few hiccups. Things were still pretty random in the UK at that time...

Axver said:

:lol:

I ended up slacking off in German just because my class pissed me off and our textbooks turned shithouse in grade 11. I still came second overall. Rock the fuck on.

I bailed on French just before we had to start taking it seriously. I thought i can bullshit through it at this "practice" level but in terms of it being part of any serious high school qualification? Fuck no!

Screwtape2 said:
The thing I took away German was that we needed more recent textbooks. Never should a child read about Nena and Falco. :wink:

:lol: In grade 8-10, we had these really good textbooks. They had great cartoons that introduced concepts and were remarkably useful. But then we moved onto crappy, dull, hard-to-follow textbooks from a different series for years 11-12. Apparently the later textbooks in the series we started on were "too adult". Knowing my school, that probably just meant two of the characters were boyfriend and girlfriend and vague allusions to that were made once or twice in the text.

Though maybe Tourist wrote it and they were playing each others' guitars. Screwtape, be thankful you've no idea what I'm talking about there. :wink:

coolian2 said:
So this time tomorrow U2 will be rocking out the Kunstmuseum

What's going to open the show? A 23 minute version of The Unforgettable Fire with snippetry of Promenade, 4th of July, and Bad?

Screwtape2 said:
The thing I took away German was that we needed more recent textbooks. Never should a child read about Nena and Falco. :wink:

Hi, by the way. I'm Andrew. :wave:
I'm the most innocent person on this thread.

Alisaura said:

I have a book called "The Adventure of English" ... read it. :drool: It's all about how English has developed from what was spoken by the Frisians who settled in the Brisith isles after the Romans left, through Danish and French invasions, and all that drama with translating the Bible into English, and Martin Luther's thing in Germany, and Chaucer and Shakespeare, to where the language is at in all the countries where it's spoken today.

I say again, :drool:

THAT BOOK IS AWESOME. I read it a few years ago. The TV series equivalent of it was recently on the ABC. I caught the first episode and then promptly forgot about it. Ooops.

It was actually Americans who first tried to impose standard spellings on words... with a few hiccups. Things were still pretty random in the UK at that time...

OK, I could have sworn the first dictionary was done in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom