Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Somehow I suspect even you would bail after studying Cold Chisel's Khe Sanh for a fortnight in a unit about war poetry. That got old.

Mercifully, we soon moved onto goodness like Wilfred Owen.
Ye gods, are you serious!?! Jimmy Barnes is in the curriculum???! *speechless*

Oh, hi Screwtape :wave: I keep meaning to read that book...

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lmao: i used to do that too, just randomly insert english in a sentence when i didn't know how to say it in german.

My friend and I invented "Gerglish". Wir had gross funnen mit our Deutsch und Englisch.

that reminds me of a story in my first year of german. we were translating basic sentences, and someone had to translate "ich weiss." the guy was like "i'm....white?" everyone cracked up. and of course now there's the whole arrested development thing too, although that wasn't on yet :heart:
down.gif

OH GOD THIS REMINDS ME OF DUMB AUSTRALIANS.

Ali probably knows what I'm talking about. There's some brand of chocolate or something advertised on TV here called Weiss. They call it "weese". I shit you not. I cringe every time.

Axver said:
It was ALWAYS Japanese.

That just reminded me of another story.

I took Japanese in my first year at high school. I no fucked idea what was going on, neither did my mate. I got about 5/100 in the final test and he got 3/100.

The teacher wanted us to treat the classroom as thought it were a plane and keep our bags out of the aisles.

That same friend of mine copied me in a social studies test and got a higher mark when i went back and changed an answer that i'd originally got right - that started my policy of NEVER changing answers in tests or exams

Axver said:
OH GOD THIS REMINDS ME OF DUMB AUSTRALIANS.

Ali probably knows what I'm talking about. There's some brand of chocolate or something advertised on TV here called Weiss. They call it "weese". I shit you not. I cringe every time.
hahaha!!! there's a grocery store up on the east coast called weiss, and i have no idea how it's actually pronounced (because i'm sure it's not pronounced right anyway) and i've heard it pronounced weese, whyss, :huh:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lmao: i dunno, he was a redneck. in a truck. with arkansas plates!! :yikes:

In which case, he probably thinks the Intertubes are them things where Frenchies who hate freedom make fun of his Dear Shrubbery.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lmao: i used to do that too, just randomly insert english in a sentence when i didn't know how to say it in german.

that reminds me of a story in my first year of german. we were translating basic sentences, and someone had to translate "ich weiss." the guy was like "i'm....white?" everyone cracked up. and of course now there's the whole arrested development thing too, although that wasn't on yet :heart:
down.gif
:giggle:

My favourite German-fuckup anecdote:

Start of second year, the teacher asks us to say in German what we did on the holidays... I'd been to a dinosaur dig, so I tried to say something like "I was digging up bones" ... the word for "bone" is "Knocken"... I got confused and said "Knaben", which I believe is "small boy".

The look on the teacher's face was priceless. :lmao:

coolian2 said:
:laugh:

One of the people in my class one day yelled out "HI WALRUS....oh shit, that's not his name!" and ran like hell.

In our first year the storage closet was considered his personal room because he got sent there so much.

:lmao:

We called all of our teachers by their nicknames to their face, but they were fairly stock-standard Aussie nicknames: Johnno, Robbo, Thommo, Queenie ...

Axver said:
In which case, he probably thinks the Intertubes are them things where Frenchies who hate freedom make fun of his Dear Shrubbery.
:lol: probably. all i know is when we got up to the traffic light before the light my work building is on and he went straight and i went right, i tore down that street. i know doing 60 in a 45 isn't good, and i saved myself like 10 seconds, but it made me feel better :grumpy:

Alisaura said:

Start of second year, the teacher asks us to say in German what we did on the holidays... I'd been to a dinosaur dig, so I tried to say something like "I was digging up bones" ... the word for "bone" is "Knocken"... I got confused and said "Knaben", which I believe is "small boy".

:lmao: that's hilarious!

Screwtape2 said:

I love all kinds of poetry so I would have loved it. Maybe there will be units on me some day seeing as I'm getting published. I'm kidding of course. :wink:

Or am I? :shifty:

Somehow I suspect you and pub rock of the style of Cold Chisel wouldn't mix. :wink:

Actually, I don't mind Khe Sanh all that much, it's one of their more tolerable songs. And yes, Ali, I'm not shitting you. I couldn't believe it either. After a fortnight, with my exceptionally slow and difficult English class, it got very, very old.

Oh, and I was going to comment on your LJ post, but congrats on the upcoming publishing, Screwtape. :up:

Axver said:

:lmao:

We called all of our teachers by their nicknames to their face, but they were fairly stock-standard Aussie nicknames: Johnno, Robbo, Thommo, Queenie ...

Haha, the only one we ever got away with calling to his face was the same cool teacher who i'm meaning to catch up with....Mr G, usually said with a thick Pacific Island/NZ hip hop accent.

Others like Fothers, Walrus, The Chicken we weren't going to get away with.

Alisaura said:
I got what you said (although I learned it as "Sprechen Sie doch langsam, bitte")... I was trying to apologise for speaking too quickly. :wink:
oh, lol no you were fine, i was just saying one of the other sentences i could think of off the top of my head.

Alisaura said:

:laugh:

That's one hell of a holiday

Axver said:
Weiss bars... they're like ice cream or something.

Delicious, but mispronounced.

Mind you, I got told that we're all pronouncing "Subaru" wrong... apparently the emphasis should be on the middle syllable... suBAru. :shrug:

Alisaura said:

Ye gods, are you serious!?! Jimmy Barnes is in the curriculum???! *speechless*

Oh, hi Screwtape :wave: I keep meaning to read that book...

Remember, I went to high school in Queensland. Barnsey's probably the height of intellectual knowledge there. I think Copernicus and Galileo's discoveries haven't yet filtered through to the Gold Coast ...

coolian2 said:
That just reminded me of another story.

I took Japanese in my first year at high school. I no fucked idea what was going on, neither did my mate. I got about 5/100 in the final test and he got 3/100.

The teacher wanted us to treat the classroom as thought it were a plane and keep our bags out of the aisles.

You got owned. :laugh:

I wasn't too bad at Japanese, but I frankly found it boring and was very happy to switch to German.

That same friend of mine copied me in a social studies test and got a higher mark when i went back and changed an answer that i'd originally got right - that started my policy of NEVER changing answers in tests or exams

Ouch. Yeah, I never checked my answers. I figured they weren't going to change anyway. And hey, I topped four subjects. So there must be something in my method!

Alisaura said:

:scratch:

Schriben? Or is it schreiben....

My German dictionary is at work. Long story.. :lol:

Schreiben looks right.

My German dictionary is somewhere on one of my three bookshelves. Soon I'll be starting a library.

KhanadaRhodes said:
oh, lol no you were fine, i was just saying one of the other sentences i could think of off the top of my head.
Yeah, same :lol:

We learned to sing that "Ich bin Auslander" song to the tune of.... I think it was "she'll be coming round the mountain"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom