Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again? - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #361
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I've, uh, actually met up with my favourite teacher from school. My friend and I had lunch with him and another teacher my friend liked back in December. It was really fantastic. Probably nerdy, but fantastic. We talked for hours. Which just reminded me of when we'd talk after his class back in year 12 ... for so long that I'd miss my entire next class and just get to go straight to lunch ...
At the end of Year 12, I got a ticket to the artist that fuelled that first musical obsession of mine for my English teacher... in exchange she drove me to Melbourne for the show (I was living in a country town at that point)... we both missed the end-of-year-12 formal dinner for this.

I have a photo of her rocking out somewhere. I really should have put it in the yearbook...

Old 02-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #362
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

I can honestly say i saw more crap movies than good movies. I actually don't know if i saw anything i'd consider as a good film, just some things that held my attention for an hour or so.

The only movie i've seen lately that wasn't utter garbage was Sweeney Todd.
Sweeney Todd sounds stupid, though.

But so do most movies. The last movie I saw was Beowulf, only because I had a free ticket. Glad I didn't spend money on that. Before it? The Simpsons Movie, the best of the four movies I've seen in the last two years.

Oh, wait, I also saw The Golden Compass when I was on the Gold Coast, because my friends wanted to see it. Waste of time.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #363
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

At the end of Year 12, I got a ticket to the artist that fuelled that first musical obsession of mine for my English teacher... in exchange she drove me to Melbourne for the show (I was living in a country town at that point)... we both missed the end-of-year-12 formal dinner for this.

I have a photo of her rocking out somewhere. I really should have put it in the yearbook...
That's classic.

See, I missed the formal just because I thought it sounded stupid.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #364
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I actually feel more awake. Despite the fact I woke not far past 9am. WTF. Seriously.

I'm probably going to totally crash at about 8pm tonight or something.
Freak.

I usually crash around 4pm...
Old 02-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #365
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I thought the thread was still in Musical Journey and I was all "OMG no one's posted since I last did?!"

I can't believe this thread is now past 350. What are we on? Seriously, people. I've got shitloads of housework to do today, so I may be more sparse.

THIS WAS WHAT I WAS MEANT TO BE DOING WHILE YOU PEOPLE SUCKED ME INTO BEING A POSTWHORE.

I think just for that, Varitek needs to vacuum my place, tourist needs to clean the bathroom, and Ian needs to do my ironing. I'll clean the fish tank only because I don't trust you lot with my fish.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #366
Blue Crack Supplier

Still haven't seen the Simpsons film... And I want my $15/two hours back from seeing Hot Fuzz last year. I could have just watched Sean of the Dead again on DVD cheaper.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #367
Vocal parasite

Quote:
As soon as i download a bootleg i put it on my external hard drive, otherwise my laptop will run out of hard drive space in a second.
External hard drives are a lifesaver. I'd know, I have a torrents and new music habit.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #368
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:26 PM
Quote:

Ha, that's awesome.

I've, uh, actually met up with my favourite teacher from school. My friend and I had lunch with him and another teacher my friend liked back in December. It was really fantastic. Probably nerdy, but fantastic. We talked for hours. Which just reminded me of when we'd talk after his class back in year 12 ... for so long that I'd miss my entire next class and just get to go straight to lunch ...
We've been talking about paying him a visit for ages. I think it might have to be up to me to get our arses into gear to actually do it
Old 02-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #369
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:26 AM
Quote:
I can't believe this thread is now past 350. What are we on? Seriously, people. I've got shitloads of housework to do today, so I may be more sparse.

THIS WAS WHAT I WAS MEANT TO BE DOING WHILE YOU PEOPLE SUCKED ME INTO BEING A POSTWHORE.

I think just for that, Varitek needs to vacuum my place, tourist needs to clean the bathroom, and Ian needs to do my ironing. I'll clean the fish tank only because I don't trust you lot with my fish.
jawsome, i don't have to do any chores!

i just did my share of chores, i had to clean my desk cuz i spilled ice water i always manage to spill them right where my pictures are
Old 02-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #370
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Still haven't seen the Simpsons film... And I want my $15/two hours back from seeing Hot Fuzz last year. I could have just watched Sean of the Dead again on DVD cheaper.
I ... don't know either of those movies. Shows how much attention I pay. I briefly thought about seeing I Am Legend, then said "nah, I could spend the time listening to music for free".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #371
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That's classic.

See, I missed the formal just because I thought it sounded stupid.
I was glad of the excuse, to be honest. Plus it was my 18th birthday...
Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #372
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:26 AM
Quote:
i looooooooooooove hot fuzz and shaun of the dead!

dr. dre, you'd love them, they're british
Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #373
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

My room is a fucking tip and the house needs a good vacuum, so i'll probably be in and out.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #374
Vocal parasite

Quote:
We've been talking about paying him a visit for ages. I think it might have to be up to me to get our arses into gear to actually do it
Do it, or you'll lose your virginity to the tourist.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #375
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

jawsome, i don't have to do any chores!

i just did my share of chores, i had to clean my desk cuz i spilled ice water i always manage to spill them right where my pictures are
Oh, I just straight away assumed you're ALREADY doing my dishes, since your location is "in the kitchen" and such.

Actually, thank fuck, I don't have many dishes to do. That's the one thing I took a break from postwhoring to do on Friday night, so there's just a bit from yesterday.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #376
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
External hard drives are a lifesaver. I'd know, I have a torrents and new music habit.
I filled my old computer's 40GB drive to overflowing... so I got a new comp in December with a 500GB drive.

That should keep me going for a while!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #377
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Do it, or you'll lose your virginity to the tourist.

The funniest part is how all of us nearly died laughing at Father Ted.

Mrs Doyle: "What would you say to a cup, Father?"
Father Jack: "Feck off cup!"

Shit i need to get those DVDs back from my friend
Old 02-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #378
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I filled my old computer's 40GB drive to overflowing... so I got a new comp in December with a 500GB drive.

That should keep me going for a while!
About three days if you have a lossless bootlegs obsession.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #379
Vocal parasite

Quote:
The funniest part is how all of us nearly died laughing at Father Ted.

Mrs Doyle: "What would you say to a cup, Father?"
Father Jack: "Feck off cup!"

Shit i need to get those DVDs back from my friend
Father Ted is so one of the best shows ever. But that, of course, is an ecumenical matter.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #380
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I ... don't know either of those movies. Shows how much attention I pay. I briefly thought about seeing I Am Legend, then said "nah, I could spend the time listening to music for free".
They're more or less identical. One has zombies, one has cops.

Closed Thread