Delay Settings - WOWY Riff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pistol Pete

Babyface
I was looking through some of the old threads and someone mentioned having 2 delay settings (one at 35mms and other at 45mms) I tried this out and it seems to work really well for All I Want is you.

I only have a zoom gfx 707 m effects pedal a crap 10 watt samick amp and a battered squire strat.

You can have two simultaneous delay settings at a time.

Is there anyway I can get near the WOWY sound with my limited rig? (or any other ound for that matter)

Pistol.

I've given up trying on that one, actually... it seems you've either got an infinite sustain guitar, or you don't.

Keep in mind he did not use that guitar on the record, at least to the best of my knowledge (I think he used his white LP, that's what he uses in the music video for it, at least). It doesn't come down so much to the guitar as it does to the effects, in my opinion. Mind you, LPs when you crank the amp up do have a lot of sustain, I find.

Last edited:
lyra14 said:
Keep in mind he did not use that guitar on the record, at least to the best of my knowledge (I think he used his white LP, that's what he uses in the music video for it, at least).

Is he?
I don't think he is?
In the With or Without You video I've seen he uses a brownish semi-hollow guitar if I'm not mistaken?

I dunno, it's been a while since I've seen the video. :) But I think I remember seeing that. :eyebrow:

Andrew

infact edge did use the "infinite guitar" on the with or without you recording. it is actully a fender squire stratocaster fitted with a special pickup designed by michael brooke in the neck position to push feedback through the strings. edge has been known for using one guitar for the recording and using another for the music video or promo. there are ways to get sustain e-bows are alright but a little hard to control volume wise, or the fernandes guitars which are equiped with the fernandes sustainer system built in them. the edge has usinf the fernandes guitars since the popmart tour. the delay times for this song are recorded version:409 ms or live from boston is a little slower at 418 ms

Back
Top Bottom