Delay setting for "UV"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scorpguitar79

Babyface
Hey all,
Im a new member and help on this would be highly appreciated. Can anyone tell me the delay setting (ms) for Ultraviolet? Also I would be pleased if somebody would help me with COBL delay setting as well. Thanks!:doh:

Cobl 3/16 note (dotted eighth) tempo at 139 bpm

If you can only set the time its like 420 or 440 ms I think.

Check amnesta.net/edgedelay fantastic site.

Maybe its .com or .org

Check amnesta.net/edgedelay fantastic site.

Just a little note since I read this often here or on other sites: The amnesta.net site is an interesting site to get some ideas for starters, but some (if not, most) of the info on it regarding delay times is just dead wrong! Don't rely solely on the sites info and delay times (or any, on that matter): Take a good bootleg (you'll find plenty on youtube if you don't have any), just listen to what Edge is playing and fumble around the delay time until you get close. More often than so, Edge checks in live performances if his setting is right just before the song starts and that's the best timing to hear the delay settings, because you have no one but him in the audio track.

Second, the delay times are just as good as your backing track speed (bpm) or your own preference of playing. I can't rely on the typical "Streets is 362-365 ms" stuff for instance because I personally really like to play the Streets riff a tick slower than usual. Now try playing "Streets" with a Rattle&Hum backing track and you've got yourself a little wild party! ;)

I'd be lying if I'd say I don't ask people for delay times, I've searched this forum like 500 times at the beginning. But truth be told you'll read 20 different ones. It's good to get you started in what direction you wanna go, but to get it "right" the way you play it, you'll need to set it by your preference.

Hope that helps and I'm not trying to be a wisea** or anything. :)

If you can only set by tens, it's .430 for COBL and .420 for UV.

COBL is actually .432@139bpm and UV is actually .417@108bpm

And I just checked fender-man's link and that dude has the exact same thing.
So either we're both right or both wrong.

All depends on BPM. And as much as I see people screw up U2 BPM's left and right, I think that link has them right. Thanks for posting it fender-guy.

I didn't have all that info, I only knew maybe 30 settings by heart.
UV and COBL are two of my favorites to play.

Back
Top Bottom