Dammit..."Breathe" is one of the few U2 songs which you can't sing and play on guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hatrickpatrick

The Fly
Dammit..."Breathe" is one of the few U2 songs which you can't sing and play on guitar

...at the same time. The rhythms are completely different :(

Does anyone have any technique for playing guitar and singing when the guitar and the vocal melody have completely different rhythms? I often have this problem when trying to sing Seven Nation Army (White Stripes) while playing it, or trying to play the bass riff from Feel Good Inc (Gorillaz) while doing the rap...

Can it be done / trained?

Yeah, it's just a matter of training. I don't know about the other songs, but Seven Nation Army is definatey doable!

:lol: I've memorized the words but I seem to only be able to follow along perfectly when I've had a slight buzz, oddly enough. :wink:

lol. in my experience, the only way to learn to do this is to learn the guitar part so well that it seems like 2nd nature, then start throwing the words in.

I've kind of gotten to be able to do it. The guitar rhythm is relatively basic, which makes it easier to focus simply on the melody.

Back
Top Bottom