Dallas Schoo: Uknown Caller is one of Edge's best solos ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say I love playing the solo, I personally enjoy it much more than "The Fly" and "Until The End Of The World." It doesn't have this typical "let's slide up and down one string" scheme. I love how it recaps the chorus with a warmer, almost nostalgic, tone and then switches to the bridge pickup to give the rest of the solo some drive. Has Edge ever messed around with his pickup-settings as much as in "Unknown Caller?"

Also, the live version bend is! :drool: I'm not gonna lie, I've caught myself trapped in a loop where I play the solo just for that bend about 10 times in a row.

So overall, yeah I think it's amongst his best for sure!

It's definetly got the right feeling for the song and it's definetly up there with his best.

Overall, I think this is one of the most fun songs to play and as for the solo, I'd say it is very inspiring and great to play since, as pointed out above, it's different from what Edge normally does. I don't know if it's his best solo (The Fly, Love Is Blindness or the With Or Without You ZooTV/Fly-style solo are pretty great) but it is one of his better ones for sure. :up:

It's not my favorite solo, but it is a very good solo. A very lose feel to it, unlike most Edge solos. But if I have to pick a favorite edge solo, the Zoo TV solo for Bullet the Blue Sky. That was so radically different at the time.

True. I love it and think it's a highlight of the tour. I love how it changes up and it doesn't really end it..I'd rate ZOO era Bullet higher and then probably The Fly but I rate UC above UTEOTW right now. That might change at any time tho lol

Back
Top Bottom