Candy Apple Red 'Reverso' for Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Yet another Warwick for Adam. Next up... a sweet looking Candy Apple Red Warwick Reverso for Adam.

2011-Reverso-CandyAppleRed-1.jpg

WARWICK has just finished a very eye-catching Custom Shop for U2 bassist and Warwick endorser Adam Clayton, and the instrument is ready right on time for Leg 3 of the mega group’s current U2360° Tour.

2011-Reverso-CandyAppleRed-2.jpg

"Clayton is set to reveal his latest Warwick weapon onstage in the US, where the band will play their current string of shows throughout this spring and summer.

2011-Reverso-CandyAppleRed-3.jpg

Clayton’s choice of the vibrant Candy Apple Red color for his latest Custom Shop is an unusual one, compared with his typical preference for more natural woody and blander finishes...

Reverso-CandyAppleRed-4.jpg

... but for the current leg of this tour he has hinted that his choice is in creative co-ordination with the stage show.

Reverso-CandyAppleRed-5.jpg

So watch out for a surprise onstage unveiling of this fine new brow-raising bass with some trademark Clayton showmanship to match."

SPECIFICATIONS:
Construction: Neck-through
Matched Headstock: Yes
Machineheads: Warwick
Nut: Graphite
Scale Length: 34"
Frets: Dunlop 6230
Fingerboard Wood: Tigerstripe Ebony
Neck Wood: Flamed maple
Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl block inlays
Fingerboard Radius: 20"
LEDs: Red Side dots
Body Wood: Mahogany/5A Quilted maple Top
Finish: Candy Apple Red High Polish
Pickups: 1 x Seymour Duncan P
Electronics: MEC Passive
Control Knobs: Standard
Bridge System: Warwick 2-pieces bridge
Strap Locks: Warwick security locks
Hardware colour: Chrome
Weight: 4,0 kg
Special Features:
  • Alternate Just A Nut
  • Alternate Frets
  • Alternate PU
  • Special colour
  • Alternate Straplock
ID-Code: 0964SXXX44CPMQZ3WW
Customer: Adam Clayton / U2

Props to Diana for giving me the heads up on the latest Warwick delivery...

I wonder if he still has the Gibson RD Artist with him and why he chose to use the Reverso over it for Magnificent

I wonder if he still has the Gibson RD Artist with him and why he chose to use the Reverso over it for Magnificent

He's had the RD Artist since, at least, the Achtung Baby sessions. I'm sure he's still got it.

Why the Candy Apple Red 'Reverso'?

Because it's new! :lol:

Because he can? :lol:

The Warwick blog commented on his getting it to go with the stage show for the upcoming leg of the tour, so it's not surprising that he's using it for two "mix" version: "Even Better Than The Real Thing" (new arrangement) and "Magnificent" (new arrangement/remix).

I hope that he does use the RD Artist for something. Interesting bass. I like that one.

It'd be cool if he used the 1970's white Gibson Les Paul Triumph bass again too. (He's used that earlier in the 2009 shows)

They look a bit like it could be SPB-3's but I am not certain... yet. The SPB-2 HOT look a lot like the SPB-3 QUARTER POUND. There is a logo on the covers so they probably are not the SPB-1 VINTAGE

SPB-2 HOT:
Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-2 "Hot" pickup for Precision Bass®. This pickup is for bassists who want increased output, greater low end response, and a fuller overall sound. Great for rock! Includes black logo covers. Wiring diagram and mounting screws included. Made in the USA.
$64.95

SPB-3 QUARTER POUND:
Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 "Quarter Pound" pickup for P Bass®. The quarter-inch diameter pole pieces expand the magnetic field and extend the frequency ranges for fat, full, punchy sound with tremendous mid-range presence and maximum output. Though often used for heavy rock tones, this pickup gives amazing tonal versatility to a single pickup instrument making this the most popular Basslines pickup. Includes black logo covers. Wiring diagram and mounting screws included. Made in the USA.
$64.95

They could also be:

APB-1
Seymour Duncan Basslines APB-1 Pro Active pickup for P Bass®. The Pro Active pickup system is designed to provide the cleanest possible signal with expanded headroom and dynamic range. A specifically wound low impedance coil is coupled with a small but efficient preamp built right into the pickup. The resulting sound is brilliant, responsive, and dead quiet. It's also more open, warmer, and more musical than standard active pickups. The gain is matched to the levels found in passive pickups. This is a plus for musicians who switch between active and passive instruments on stage. Wiring schematic, mounting screws, potentiometers, 9V battery clip, output jack, and wire are included. Made in the USA.
$108.95

APB-2
Seymour Duncan Basslines APB-2 Lightnin' Rods active 4-string pickup for P-Bass®. Designed to meet the needs of today's modern bassist who insists on an authentic, "original" look. The vintage pole piece design doesn't suggest that there's a highly sophisticated preamp under the cover, but there is. The tone is fat and with those famous "warm-and-woody" mids that P-Bass® players adore. The fully discrete, ultra quiet, single battery preamp delivers low impedance output with excellent dynamic range. As a result of the micro power circuit design, you can enjoy up to 2,000 hours of continuous battery life. A wiring diagram and all necessary mounting hardware, pots and battery clip are included. Made in the USA.
$108.95

I have an email out to a contact at Warwick. I will let you know when I find out.

It might be the lighting indeed. But it would be cool if he went black. ;)

Youtube still only has shitty videos from the seats, no clear look on the guitars.

btw is it an SPB-3 set of pickups?

I heard back from Warwick and they are indeed SPB-3's.

It seems that Adam prefers passive over the active pickups that Warwick uses in a number of their instruments. Adam did experiment with the active but went back to using the passive pickups.

Seems the Duncan's are in the gold and I think the natural Reverso too.

* thanks to Boncomet fort the pictures:

BonoAdamMexicoCity5-11-201110.jpg

BonoAdamMexicoCity5-11-20119.jpg

BonoAdamMexicoCity5-11-20118.jpg

Back
Top Bottom