Bullet The Blue Sky effects (Studio/Zoo TV)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that "popular sound is the good sound" is actually pretty accurate, i mean, Ive heard when Gibson came out with LP with humbuckers came out in the late 50s, people hated it because music then didn't requite much volume and gain. Even Les Paul himself hated the sound and he kept using his heavily modded LP with low-impedance pickup, which was the popular sound when he was in his prime! from that lens, people who are clamoring for these "59/60 LP Standard into vintage amp = gold standard" combos are just hopping onto that hype. that's probably why there aren't that many people in the forum going "don't you wish you can get these nice, beautiful and powerful clean tones like Edge or guys from CHON are getting from AC30s?"

that "popular sound is the good sound" is actually pretty accurate, i mean, Ive heard when Gibson came out with LP with humbuckers came out in the late 50s, people hated it because music then didn't requite much volume and gain. Even Les Paul himself hated the sound and he kept using his heavily modded LP with low-impedance pickup, which was the popular sound when he was in his prime! from that lens, people who are clamoring for these "59/60 LP Standard into vintage amp = gold standard" combos are just hopping onto that hype. that's probably why there aren't that many people in the forum going "don't you wish you can get these nice, beautiful and powerful clean tones like Edge or guys from CHON are getting from AC30s?"
Very fair point

also thinking about it, back then, Edge used Randall amps for more overdriven tones in the 90s (probably includes Bullet the Blue Sky) and that's solid state amp! think about that, it's kinda difficult, considering that Edge actually likes vintage, tube amps with vintage guitars.

Muff was part of the Randall chain with a spare SDD if I remember rightly back in the day. Believe the Shimmer was also on that side in those days

Back
Top Bottom