breathing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candys room

The Fly
anyone got any breathing excercises they could email me

reed2moon@yahoo.co.uk

singers need to practise there instruments too and i guess this is one way
smile.gif

------------------
"dont let life discourage you, everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was"

Well, this is an interesting one.

my best response would be this, although its primarily a meditation technique, it does help if you're a singer as well!

the short of it:

Breathe in for X amount of heart beats
Hold breath for 4 times X amount of heart beats
Exhale for 2 times X amount of heart beats

ie. if X = 4 {ideal amount}
then breathe in for 4 counts, hold for 16, exhale for 8 counts... simple hugh??

basic idea, once you're good at it, you'd want to count from 1-25. Start on one at first breath and two on second and so on and so forth until you reach 25; if you havent fallen asleep by then!! trust me on this, its not as easy as it sounds. I recommend you start with a count original count of two or three beats, and only do a 1-10 step...

questions??? good luck!!

I was a classical musician for 13 years, and I use to lay on my back on the floor to work on my breathing. All you really have to do is breathe a little quicker than normal, and concentrate on your diaphragm. You'll feel it working, and you'll notice your breathing and phrasing will be much smoother.
Let me know if I should email you more ideas.
Mrs.Clayton

It's funny that you guys do breathing exercizes...whenever my orchestra plays with the choir and we see them warm up we always giggle...it's funny to see all of your friends take control of their diaphragms.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Back
Top Bottom