BPM for U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
Does anyone have the BPM for the songs on HTDAAB and ATYCLB?

I was going to buy the songbooks to get them, but I thought someone here might have bought them already and could be so kind and post them.

If so, thank you!!

HTDAAB (from memory)

Vertigo = 140
COBL = 140
ABOY =136
Crumbs = 84
OSC = 96 (?)
OOTS = 88

(if those are way off, I'm sorry)

ATYCLB (from book)

BD = 135bpm
Stuck = 80bpm
Elevation = 115bpm
Walk On = 100bpm
Kite = 135bpm
In A Little While = 90bpm
Wild Honey = 125bpm
Peace On Earth = 105bpm
WILATW = 100bpm
New York = 125bpm
Grace = 87bpm

It’s easy to get the BPM for any song. Just get a stop-watch and count the beats for 15 seconds then multiply that number by 4. Or for 30 second then double it. If you want to be really accurate count for the full minute. Remember to count the first beat as zero.

I thimk not always books are correct, also on bpm's. I tried it on my own, with a bpm program, and i've seen some mistakes. Try for yourself.

finnsmith said:
I thimk not always books are correct, also on bpm's. I tried it on my own, with a bpm program, and i've seen some mistakes. Try for yourself.

Good point. There are alot of things that are dead wrong in many of the U2 tab books that are out there.

Also the tempos depend on what version you are listening to. For example, Bad is played at a faster tempo now than it was on the UF Tour. In God's County was played much faster on the JT Tour then is was on the the album.

TheEdge U2JT said:

Good point. There are alot of things that are dead wrong in many of the U2 tab books that are out there.

Also the tempos depend on what version you are listening to. For example, Bad is played at a faster tempo now than it was on the UF Tour. In God's County was played much faster on the JT Tour then is was on the the album.

In God's Country live is also not played correctly by 99% of U2 tribute bands out there........

hint: Rattle n Hum is an edit, it was not played that way at the actual show

Everything on Rattle 'n Hum, the movie is jacked up speedwise. Suddenly everything is in standard tuning instead of the down 1 semitone that was standard back then. So clearly somebody increased the overal speed. For some strange reason I notice this phenomenon a lot in movies.

Muad'zin said:
Everything on Rattle 'n Hum, the movie is jacked up speedwise. Suddenly everything is in standard tuning instead of the down 1 semitone that was standard back then. So clearly somebody increased the overal speed. For some strange reason I notice this phenomenon a lot in movies.

Streets is a semitone down. So is Pride, Bad, SBS, etc. What songs are you referring to?

gabrielvox said:
Check out the chorus. There is no Em-G-D-C-G-D progression

yet everyone plays it that way that I've heard or seen (on the web for instance)

From my recollection, the problem with the R & H version is they edit out the 2nd verse and combine the first chorus with the 2nd chorus so that it appears they end the 1st chorus with a C-G-D.

Isn't it Em-G-D for the entire first chorus and then C-G-D throughout the next 2 choruses?

This is the way we have always done it - I have the Denver Boot with the full version which is where we learned it off of.

So if it is wrong please tell me lol...

and if that is right, then I think you've seen us do that song Gabe and we have always done it that way

On another note, the cutting of God's Country on R & H is strange - it is only a 3 minute song as it is...geeze...and from the boot it doesn't sound like there are any mistakes to warrant a cut and paste job (although the ending has a classic Edge blooper and Adam ends on the wrong note and quickly corrects, smiling at Larry - classic moment...)

Cheers.
Brady
http://www.u2tributeband.com

Youre right Brady...its Em-G-D all the way for chorus 1 and then C-G-D for the remainder..

Thats how we've always done it too....well once Paul F joined the band LOL...that guy is precise to a point of brutality... :D

Just that I've had the privilege of seeing/hearing quite a few tribs over the past 3 months and it always amazes me how most of them copy that edit from the DVD...to be honest tho I've not heard you guys do that for quite a while so I wasnt sure exactly how y'all did it....so if anything Elevation falls in that 1% that gets it right :wink:

Must be a Canadian thing...so who's the Paul F. in Elevation? :hmm:

:wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom