Boss GT3 & The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcdiejdh

Babyface
Hi there,

I am quiet new to guitar, well I have tried to learn on 2 previous occassions and given up but this time I am older and seem to be getting somewhere.

I have a Boss GT3 that I aquired on ebay and now want to try to make some U2 type sounds. Does anyone out there have one of these and produce anything that suits any of U2's songs if so could they share.

Pleaseeeee !!!!

It really takes some time with the boss stuff b/c the amp models aren't very good and no mod delay if I remember correctly.

The best thing to do is a live version of a clean song like Pride from R&H (or Streets, Bad, All I Want Is You from a good bootleg) and try to nail down your sound from the cd. You'll want to go through every amp model and try different gain and EQ structures to bring out the harmonics. With some time spent you can get close. You mentioned you're new to guitar, so if you've got a friend who's a bit of a tone freak guitar player, have her/him help you. As far as other stuff like effects, the boss stuff is pretty good. Not the best, but it gets the job done. One of the best features you've got is Tap tempo. This means you can tap quarter notes in on the CTL button and I think you can choose whether your delay is 8th notes, quarter notes, dotted quarters, etc. This is helpful in understanding delay.

I'm sure there are a ton of resources on the net for the GT-3. Just google it.

Back
Top Bottom