Boss GT-8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fuhuchs

Babyface
Hi there!
Does anyone use the GT-8?
Post your settings to get a U2-like sound plz.

Isn't that the gold colored floorboard unit? Not like my word means much, but unless you want to be disappointed in it, don't waste your money. 3 different guys I know who thought they could do Edge with it found out the hard way.

THink you'll find that most Edge guys here would concur that those type of units on their own aren't really going to do the job if yuo want to get really serious, but....if you really must go to an all in one floor board unit, i'd check out the Vox ToneLab, the bigger one with the tube in it..

Last edited:
gabrielvox said:
Isn't that the gold colored floorboard unit? Not like my word means much, but unless you want to be disappointed in it, don't waste your money. 3 different guys I know who thought they could do Edge with it found out the hard way.

THink you'll find that most Edge guys here would concur that those type of units on their own aren't really going to do the job if yuo want to get really serious, but....if you really must go to an all in one floor board unit, i'd check out the Vox ToneLab, the bigger one with the tube in it..

Uh, your feedback means a lot, thank you.

I'll scratch the GT-8 off the list.

I've also heard good things about the Vox ToneLab.

Any other recommendations? Line 6 POD XT Live? POD Pro?

Thank you!

gabrielvox said:
Isn't that the gold colored floorboard unit?

Except...... it isn't the gold colored floorboard. That's an older unit. The GT-8 is a more advanced black colored floorboard unit. Boss' current flagship. I've never played it but from what I've seen in some ways it's got better features then the Pod XT Live, like effect send/return, or a dedicated solo boost function

As for Line 6, they now have the third incarnation of the Pod out, the Pod X3, including a floorboard version. So expect prices to drop for the XT Live.

Last edited:
Good thing I'm not the Edge!! You're right, it is the older one...I haven't even seen the newer one you're talking about! Sorry for butting in there, truly, Edge stuff is not my specialty :no:

Hi!
YES, the GT-8 is the black one and NO, I'm not disappointed at all. I'm totally satisfied with the sound and the features of the GT-8. Features that are really helpful for the U2 sound:
- Channel split A/B: you can use two channels at the same time --> like the edge you can use a VOX and a Fender amp model at the same time
- the delay section offers dual delay that can be mixed in mono or stereo mode: you can use 2 delays like in Streets or Still Haven't Found (the ToneLab for example has only one delay), adding to the dual delay there's also another subdelay in the FX section, so you can also use several delays in chain
--> there are tap delay settings like in Edges Boss delay effect: you can easily tap in the typical 3/16 delay e.g.
- the GT-8 has got all the Boss effects: e.g. OD1&2, DS 1&2...

These are some really cool features. And the GT-8 is definitely the better choice (compared to VOX's ToneLab), if you want to have a wide range of different sounds (not only the U2-like sound), as all the ToneLab really does well is the VOX sound.

Back
Top Bottom