Boss DD-20 Any Good??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darthhawk125

The Fly
Im looking to get a guitar rig (simple) to get some of the Edge tones. However, Im on a limited budget.

So my plan is to get:

Squier Standard Stratocaster (not the cheap bullet, or the affinity. will get heavier strings and later when i get some more money, get new pickups).

Vox Valvetronix AD 30 or 50(for the VOX AC30 sound)

and maybe a DD-20 or the line 6 echo park, but the DD-20 seems to be much better for the price.

Give me some feedbacks

Thanks.

I own 2 DD20s. I think its the best mod delay pedal around. It has 5 presets. 4 are saved and the 5th is a manual setting which is whatever the knobs are set at. It can be run in stereo and has some weird sounds along with the straight foward delay.

Ive tried alot of delays, I own 2 sdd-3000,a TC 2290, sdd-2000,sdd-1000 ect ect.. In pedal form its up there man. For the same money you can get a Korg sdd-2000 which while old, sounds fantastic, It has 100s of savable presets and is also midi in case you build on top of it. A nice setup would be a Pod XTpro/sdd-2000 and a switcher maybe a GCX/DMC. Done. Then build on that adding pedals and such as you go. Good luck

Mick

I seriously doubt it that you might want to sell one of your Korg SDD 3000 ... but I have to ask ... would you ever sell one of them? Thanks.

Actually I am. If you know anything about them you know they being a 20+ year old unit need care. This one the buttons on the front need to be serviced. You have to press real hard to make the preset change. The unit was serviced 2 years ago and everything else works fine. I send it to Terry Slemmons in TX. Ive had this same problem before with another unit and it cost me around 75 bucks to fix it.

Email me privately if interested

Mick

Back
Top Bottom