best live tracks EVER from San Francisco's Zoo Station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
Hiya Blue Crack Abusers-

Barely Larry from San Francisco's Zoo Station. Our soundman, Beautiful Dave, just posted some live tracks from our June 10th show on our myspace page and...

I don't normally do this, and might regret it later, but they sound so good that I wanna show off and point y'all in their direction.

http://www.myspace.com/zoostationsf

Hope you enjoy! And if you wanna come see us sometime, check out www.zoostation-online.com

-Skott (aka Barely Larry)

PS- who's ready for Zoo TV Sydnie on DVD? Um.... I am.

Sounds like it was a good show.

I like the names, Bonalmost, The Sledge, Adamesque, Barely Larry.

Question, can you make a decent living from being in a tribute band or is it more break even if lucky?

Is it just a hobby, or do you actually tour and stuff?
Adamesque..I like it!

Muad'zin said:
Sounds like it was a good show.

I like the names, Bonalmost, The Sledge, Adamesque, Barely Larry.

Question, can you make a decent living from being in a tribute band or is it more break even if lucky?

we don't....we all have day jobs. its pretty much just for fun and the love of the music. the money we make from zoo station goes back into the band for equipment, or for a fun night out ;)

the sledge

partygirlvox said:
Is it just a hobby, or do you actually tour and stuff?
Adamesque..I like it!

It's somewhere between "hobby" and "second job" really. As for touring outside of the country... never say never.

-Barely Larry

Another question, how often do you guys rehearse and how many new songs do you try for each rehearsal.

I'm asking since I'm in a Radiohead tribute/cover band (we're not sure yet) and if I'm lucky we do one new song a week. I could handle two but some of the others can be a bit lazy.

we are lucky enough to have a fairly busy show schedule so we can get away with one rehearsal each week. after four years together we've have learned about 110 songs but we keep learning more just to keep ourselves challenged.

Good luck with the Radiohead project! I just saw them here in the Bay Area two weeks ago and was thinking to myself how hard it would be to recreate what they do, especially the Kid A/Amnesiac stuff.

Back
Top Bottom