Best guitar to play U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
liamcool said:
I use a Gibson Explorer. Yes, a Gibson Explorer.

ARGH! Lucky! I have a Slammer Explorer...while it looks nice, it can't even compare with the real thing. I played a Gibson Explorer once, and it was pure heaven.

Oh, to have money. :sigh:

I have a fender stratocaster made in mexico...I thind it is magic because with this guitar I can reproduce almost all sounds of edge's guitars...even "until the end of the world" (that is played with a les paul) and, believe me, it sounds really good! But as I am a bit maniac about U2's guitar sounds I am buying a les paul epiphone standard... ;)

Hi,

I have a 2 tone smoke green Gretsch 6118 double anniversary with alnico magnet humbuckers made by TV Jones.

It's a very versatile guitar and U2 sounds great with it!

Yeah, I play a 2003 Fender Strat and I can replicate most of U2's songs very well with a Boss overdrive pedal and a multieffects processor.

If you're starting out playing U2 songs and need a guitar, get a Stratocaster. You can simulate a humbucker pretty well, but there is no way Streets will sound okay with a Les Paul, and let's face it, you are learning U2 so you can play Streets :)

My axe:

518321.jpg

SWlondnr said:
don't call it a crap guitar!!!! It's a perfect working guitar! and plus I DO want to sell it! maybe some cheapskate on ebay might buy it :D

make and model, im a college student; these are my kinda deals :wink:

I use a Fender jap strat (i fitted with gold lace sensors) for songs like 'the Fly' and 'Streets' e.t.c
I use an epiphone les paul custom for 'one' and most other stuff including with or without you coz the Les paul humbuckers respond the the best to my Ebow (for WOWY intro):wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom