Beautiful Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fernando-

Refugee
Ok, so I still haven't figured out which effects to use during the guitar part just before the interlude.

Right after the first "I'm not a hopeless case"...

I read somewhere that it was a combination of whammy/delay. But I just don't seem to get it right. I mean, like how should I set up the whammy?

Any ideas?

Well there is definitely pitch shift/octave in there and delay. I don't have a octave/pitchshift pedal so I can't try it. I know from reading all about it that there is those sort of effects. Maybe there is even some shimmer as well. Ralqh, on youtube, does an excellent job at the sound. Near about perfects it!

Well there is definitely pitch shift/octave in there and delay. I don't have a octave/pitchshift pedal so I can't try it. I know from reading all about it that there is those sort of effects. Maybe there is even some shimmer as well. Ralqh, on youtube, does an excellent job at the sound. Near about perfects it!

Ralqh??

Hey dude I'm about to take some old gear I don't use and trade it in at Guitar Center. I might be able to get a Whammy but I was lookin at getting a strat. Depends on how much comes out from this. If I get a whammy I'll mess around with some settings and see what I come with. I think its supposed to be like two octaves up on the effect.:hmm:

Hey dude I'm about to take some old gear I don't use and trade it in at Guitar Center. I might be able to get a Whammy but I was lookin at getting a strat. Depends on how much comes out from this. If I get a whammy I'll mess around with some settings and see what I come with. I think its supposed to be like two octaves up on the effect.:hmm:

Whammy is a fantastic effect. Go for it!

So wait... You can take old stuff to a Guitar Center and they will trade it for something else?

Or how does it work?

Not really. Mostly that is a waste of time as you will get, if anything... penny on the dollar for gear at GC or Sam Ash...

Better to sell old gear on ebay and take the proceeds to buy on ebay or other retailers (online or store)

WH1:
images

Reissue:
images

Anniv:
images

^ Is there a good reason for it to be so damn expensive?

And how come yours didn't come with a power supply?

I think that's because the originals are so much more difficult to find nowadays. I'm sure E_O can give a better insight into that though.

As to why mine didn't come with a power supply, I have no idea.:huh: maybe someone took it out, or maybe Digitech did not ship this one with a power supply. My money is on the former though. There could be many other possibilities as well. I'm just glad I can finally use mine!:D

I think that's because the originals are so much more difficult to find nowadays. I'm sure E_O can give a better insight into that though.

As to why mine didn't come with a power supply, I have no idea.:huh: maybe someone took it out, or maybe Digitech did not ship this one with a power supply. My money is on the former though. There could be many other possibilities as well. I'm just glad I can finally use mine!:D

It really sucks. but I'm very glad that mine did came with one, because a friend was kind enough to get it for me from LA. I don't know what I would've done if it hadn't come with one. :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom