Bass Tab Requests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mystic2Kyle

Babyface
Hey all,

I'm about to go through NLOTH to tab the other tracks I haven't yet (which would be everything except GoyB and Magnificent). If anyone has a particular tab they want ASAP or just for knowing, you can reply to this and I'll prioritize my work accordingly, otherwise, I'm just going to go through the album from the beginning. Also, if you want to see any that I've done so far, just google "mystic2kyle U2" and you'll find them. (Magnificent will be on sites within the next couple days, it's already submitted to various tab sites).

Anyways, I'm also new, so it's nice to be here and I'm happy to be hangin' with fellow U2 fans. Take care and I look forward to collaborating with you all soon!

-Kyle

P.S. Yes, if you do find the tabs, you'll come across my name and e-mail, but you can just talk to me here if you want. Collaboration always welcome.

----Edit----

P.P.S. This offer extends beyond just NLOTH. If you like my tabs or just want to see one from another person, I'll be happy to take a request for an older track. Take it easy.

Last edited:
Running List of Updates

Here's a list of the uploaded tabs:

No Line on the Horizon (added 3/16)
Magnificent
Get on your Boots

These tabs can be found on various tab sites.

If you want to have one of these tabs, you can find it or message/e-mail me and I'll get it to you ASAP.

Here's a list of the uploaded tabs:

No Line on the Horizon (added 3/16)
Magnificent
Get on your Boots

These tabs can be found on various tab sites.

If you want to have one of these tabs, you can find it or message/e-mail me and I'll get it to you ASAP.

Please could you send me what bass tabs you have so far for NLOTH.
steve_con@hotmail.co.uk

You are a legend thanks very much.

Can you post Magnificent please?

All the tabs I have uploaded so far can be found by doing a google search for "mystic2kyle u2" and adding whatever song name you are looking for. (e.g. "mystic2kyle u2 magnificent". But for the sake of not making you go through the three steps of doing that, here's the link to the U-G.com Magnificent U2 bass tab.

Enjoy. Write me if you have any questions about it (e.g. how to play it, things Adam does when he plays it, etc.) or any other tabs.

P.S. I know there's some way to post tabs on this site in a smaller box that you can scroll in... but I don't know how to do it. Any advice?

New List of Uploaded Tabs: (as of 3/17)

No Line on the Horizon (revised. ask me for new or old version)
Magnificent
Moment of Surrender (will be uploaded tonight)
Get on your Boots
All Because of You (the e-mail on this tab is obsolete, FYI)

Again, if anyone has any specific requests (old or new tracks) I can write up the tabs in a jiff and have them to you. Just let me know.

Keep rockin'.:up:

Thank you SO much for taking the time to tab this out and upload it - I've only been playing a year or so and it's great being able to play a song so quckly with your simple to follow tabs, just followed your NLOTH tab and was great.

Edit to add - If you happen to have the tabs for the bassline to the studio recording of bad - that would be bloody incredible. Just saying :)

Last edited:
All the tabs I have uploaded so far can be found by doing a google search for "mystic2kyle u2" and adding whatever song name you are looking for. (e.g. "mystic2kyle u2 magnificent". But for the sake of not making you go through the three steps of doing that, here's the link to the U-G.com Magnificent U2 bass tab.

Enjoy. Write me if you have any questions about it (e.g. how to play it, things Adam does when he plays it, etc.) or any other tabs.

P.S. I know there's some way to post tabs on this site in a smaller box that you can scroll in... but I don't know how to do it. Any advice?

Thanks! That looks pretty accurate, can't wait to try it! :hmm: Though I'm fairly sure the little riff is played much further down the neck, Adam probably plays it on the higher strings then I guess.

I think you can use the code tags for the textbox, not sure though. It's the '#' button next to the quote one.
Be sure the text is in the proper font(Courier new) otherwise the format will be messed up!

Thanks! That looks pretty accurate, can't wait to try it! :hmm: Though I'm fairly sure the little riff is played much further down the neck, Adam probably plays it on the higher strings then I guess.

I think you can use the code tags for the textbox, not sure though. It's the '#' button next to the quote one.
Be sure the text is in the proper font(Courier new) otherwise the format will be messed up!

I'm not sure which riff you're referring to, the intro or the latter part of the main riff, but either way you could be right. There wasn't a lot of video of the intro to check against but the 7 and 9 frets sounded the best because they're not as bright as the sounds you get on the higher strings, which is something Adam usually stays away from. That said, the end of the main riff should not be on the 4 and 7 frets of the G and D strings but instead the 12 and 14 frets of the E and A strings. That's how Adam plays it anyways. But I try to save space with my tabs and inform the people reading that they're welcome to fret the notes wherever, as I often don't even fret the song the way I tab it.

As far as putting the tabs in here... sounds complicated :lol:. I think I'll just stick to posting links.

Anyways, best with the playing! Let me know what you think.

I'm not sure which riff you're referring to, the intro or the latter part of the main riff, but either way you could be right. There wasn't a lot of video of the intro to check against but the 7 and 9 frets sounded the best because they're not as bright as the sounds you get on the higher strings, which is something Adam usually stays away from. That said, the end of the main riff should not be on the 4 and 7 frets of the G and D strings but instead the 12 and 14 frets of the E and A strings. That's how Adam plays it anyways. But I try to save space with my tabs and inform the people reading that they're welcome to fret the notes wherever, as I often don't even fret the song the way I tab it.

As far as putting the tabs in here... sounds complicated :lol:. I think I'll just stick to posting links.

Anyways, best with the playing! Let me know what you think.

Ah I meant the E12 A14 thing :) Check the videos from the BBC broadcast and the Letterman performances(both on youtube), there you can see he moves to around the 12th fret for those pieces. :)

I'm currently learning crazy tonight for my lessons, but I'm not that fast so I can help you with the basic notes. The fiddly parts I'm saving for last! :lol:

OK, so thanks to Kyle, I learnt how to play NLOTH on the bass the other day and have been enjoying it since. I decided to give Boots a go - a song that didn't excite me at all when I heard it - and now, after spending the last few hours trying to nail the main riff - I have a whole new appreciation. That's a cool, fast bass riff and the break is fun - I think attempting to play these songs opens them up even more - Boots isn't half bad at all!

Ah I meant the E12 A14 thing :) Check the videos from the BBC broadcast and the Letterman performances(both on youtube), there you can see he moves to around the 12th fret for those pieces. :)

I'm currently learning crazy tonight for my lessons, but I'm not that fast so I can help you with the basic notes. The fiddly parts I'm saving for last! :lol:

Ah ok. (It's actually E14, A12 - A14, just in case :wink:) Yes those videos have been helpful in emulating how Adam plays.

Good luck with crazy tonight! :D Should be a good time! I'll be posting the tab for it relatively soon, but have a couple others I need to get posted first.

New List (3/21)

Here's the latest list:

Magnificent
Moment of Surrender
Stand Up Comedy
Get on your Boots

Unknown Caller is in progress and will be up soon.

Again, if you have any specific requests be sure to write me and I'll prioritize accordingly (as I did with Stand Up Comedy).

Take it easy!

New Addition: Unknown Caller

Sorry for the break, but I got tied up with "worldly" things. lol

Here's the latest list:

Magnificent
Moment of Surrender
Stand Up Comedy
Unknown Caller
Get on your Boots

"I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" is up next.

Take it easy!

Requested idea...

Hello all, I hope you're all doing well. For those reading this who have used or are using the bass tabs I've been writing, I had a request made recently and I was wondering what you all think about it. The request was that I either make tabs on midi tab software (e.g. Guitar Pro 5), or else make a recording of myself playing the tabs. I don't have Guitar Pro 5, but I do have the equipment necessary to do the latter (recording). The purpose of this request is so that those reading the tabs can listen to how it is written to sound. I certainly won't be offended at all if anyone else agrees with this idea, as I am also the type of person that learns better by hearing rather than seeing, and even better if I have a combination of both.

So, what do you all think? If enough people would like this, then I can make an audio file to accompany each tab if desired. Otherwise, I'll just record the specific tab that was mentioned in their request and leave it at that.

Thanks for letting me know! Rock on party people! :up:

-Kyle

I'm fine with just tabs, you're already helping shitloads by tabbing it all out for us, I wouldn't want to ask even more of you! :)

I'm fine with just tabs, you're already helping shitloads by tabbing it all out for us, I wouldn't want to ask even more of you! :)

Oh, good point! It's not a huge deal to make the recordings, so don't worry about "asking more" of me! I've got plenty of time and I'm doing all this in the first place to help beginner bassists learn fun songs to work on their technique with, and for experienced bassists to jump right into playing the album without having to spend all the time to tab out the songs themselves. If the tabs are enough, that's fine with me, but if audio can help out with any obscure/difficult parts, then let me know! I'm 100% willing to do it if it helps, no inconvenience at all!

Thanks Galeongirl! :D

Ok, I'll break with unico and GGirl, and say go for the recordings. I'm a guitarist who only dabbles in bass, but since NLOTH seems more an Adam record than an Edge record, I've been using your (really good) bass tabs to learn these songs. It sounds like you don't mind making some recordings and if that's the case, then I'll admit that a recording of the bass isolated really helps me learn a song. So, if you're up for it, I say, yes please.

Thanks, mate, for doing this.:up:

hey kyle,
if you can give me the BPM of the songs i dont mind puttin them into GP. i know itd be easier on me to follow along than to move my mouse down the page :p
message me and we can work on it :p

Would help incredibly to have these tabs in Guitar Pro and follow along, if anyone can help make that happen, must good karma floating your way!!

Thanks Kyle and "animeavalanche" - I hope you guys can work this out!!

Mystic2Kyle thanks for the tabs. These are some of the best U2 tabs ever!! Any chance you could tab "Crazy Tonight" & "White As Snow"? Keep up the good work.

ok guys ive gotten Breathe, Stand Up, Boots, Unknown, Magnificent, and No Line tabbed into Guitar Pro. Like I said, I need the Beats per Minute please! I am going to work on Moment of Surrender right now. Please give me BPM! lol

ok guys ive gotten Breathe, Stand Up, Boots, Unknown, Magnificent, and No Line tabbed into Guitar Pro. Like I said, I need the Beats per Minute please! I am going to work on Moment of Surrender right now. Please give me BPM! lol

That is bloody FANTASTIC news!!! Thank you SO SO much for taking the time to do that. Guitar Pro is great for beginners following along and will truly help me and for that, I'm really grateful to you!

Kyle has been very cool everytime I've e-mailed him, I'm sure he'll get the BPM to you as soon as he gets a chance, I think it might be spring break currently, can't wait to download these . . thanks so much again. Cheers!

im glad u like it. i finished moment of surrender earlier, so thats 7 of the songs done into GP
im gonna try to figure out BPM
ill give u a link to download soon

Back
Top Bottom