bass head and cap question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgeboy

Acrobat
So i just got my first bass head and cab amp. It's a
ashdown mag 300 and ashdown cab(4 10 inch speakers)
anyhow how do you connect the damn thing? I connected the cab
into the head(speaker output) and the head lights up but no sound comes
out. Help me im a idiot!!!

That's a very nice first bass rig.

Take a known good 1/4" cable specifically designed for speakers and plug one end into the back of the amp (there should be a little sign saying "speaker out" or something similar and there are probably two speaker out 1/4" sockets, it doesn't matter which one you use) and plug the other end into a 1/4" socket on the speaker cab. Turn the amp on and look at the pretty gauge on the front. You may see the need move at some point; this indicates that the signal is reaching the preamp (which is good). Check that your guitar cable is working and that it is plugged in to both your bass and the socket on the front left of your bass head that says "instrument in" or something similar. Check that the mute button (on the front) is not pressed in (the most likely cause in my opinion). Check that your gain and master volume are not set to zero. Check that the volume knob(s) on your bass are not set at zero. Assuming your bass hasn't conked out you should now have input into your amp and sound out... please let us know how you get on.

Back
Top Bottom