Bass amp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge10

The Fly
This is a stupid question. I'm a beginner to bass. Will I be able to play a bass through a guitar amp?

It's possible, yes. It won't sound as good, though. Being a beginner, though, you probably wouldn't notice too much difference.

I heard that playing a bass through a guitar amp will ruin the speakers. Is it true?

After a bit of research, you're correct. However, it all depends on the amp still. If it's a practice amp, like a solid state guitar amp that's under $100 bucks with speakers that suck anyway, what's the harm?

As pertains to this, it really all comes down to the OP's amp and what they'd use the amp for in the future, if they know it's a temporary amp, etc.

It can be done, but DO NOT turn your volume any higher than 3/10. You can blow up the guitar amp with that.
Or so I was told by the man who sold me my bass. He said that 3 is the max a guitar amp can take, I've never had any desire to question that so I kept it lower until I got my bass amp. :wink:

I would buy a bass amp. You can easily blow a guitar amp with a bass. I have a practice bass amp and a hall bass amp.

Back
Top Bottom