Baritone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monalisaoverdri

Babyface
Point fartherest from the bright center of the gal
Where are we getting this from? Bono is and has always been a tenor. His falsetto has only been used regularly since AB as his voice has aged. A few occurences prior such the outro of WOWY and the Outro of Heartland. The chorus of which he should have gone falsetto to have reached the note without the wavering, but that is part of what makes him a great if not technically great singer. The passion and blood in his voice. One of the best things that ever happened was Brian Eno forcing him to sing songs in one take rather than recording in bits as on the first three albums, this has lead to Bono being able to sing even to this day songs from UF-HTDAAB, he had to pace himself.

Having been in a cover band, for the person that wants to sing Pride, that is going to be tough if you want to do this like the album, either you can reach it or not. Watch R&H and go for the half step down or even further as in more recent tours. But this one has always been tough as I's and E's are easier to reach than O's, A's, U's (Wide Awake, I can feel versus Name of Love or Hanging On).

Just my two cents good luck with the band and let us know about any shows.

I think he's best defined as a tenor.

What does he think?

KING: Were you a singer as a kid?

BONO: Yes. My father was a tenor, too, actually. He loved opera, and I guess I took after him. I wasn't trained or anything. It was a strange thing. You know, he loved music, and you know, his lasting regret was that he never played the piano or something. But we never played.

Back
Top Bottom