Arghhhh! Edge uses an acoustic to play the Fly on Chicago DVD.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adriansr_martin

The Fly
I know he plays acoustic for love and peace but has anyone noticed on the new DVD when it comes to the Fly?

How the heck does he do it?????....the man plays a god-damn acoustic on the Vertigo DVD for The Fly - how the hell does he get it to sound so good....:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Just goes to show that he can make any type of guitar sound just like the original guitar did on the record

I like the Variax for Love & Peace, but im not crazy about it for The Fly. Wish they would play The Fly as they did at the Boston show during the Elevation Tour. That rocked :drool:

I don't much care for Edge's Fly Variax myself. I'd rather he use his cream LP from the Elevation Tour. Plus on this tour's Fly, Bono is playing guitar, which means he can't run around and make The Fly what it should be. It's so boring with him just standing there "looking" like he's strumming lol.

Theedge070 said:
Plus on this tour's Fly, Bono is playing guitar, which means he can't run around and make The Fly what it should be. It's so boring with him just standing there "looking" like he's strumming lol.

I guess you don't like Zoo TV's "The Fly" then.

Theedge070 said:
I don't much care for Edge's Fly Variax myself. I'd rather he use his cream LP from the Elevation Tour. Plus on this tour's Fly, Bono is playing guitar, which means he can't run around and make The Fly what it should be. It's so boring with him just standing there "looking" like he's strumming lol.

:mad: Dont get me started on Bono's guitar playing! I will out argue you! :madspit:

GibsonGirl said:

I guess you don't like Zoo TV's "The Fly" then.

It's odd, really.... the band really was on fire during Zoo TV. But most (not all) of the Achtung songs have been better in subsequent tours.

Zoo Station - Vertigo
The Fly - Elevation
Even Better Than The Real Thing - Popmart
Who's Gonna Ride... - Vertigo
Until The End Of The World - Elevation

I dont think the Vertigo versions bad at all, I just think it lacks the energy of the performance at Boston in 2001. Bono's sings it like he's reading it now as opposed to running aroung the heart stage singing it from... well the heart. I do like the Variax though. Would love to get one myself

Theedge070 said:
It's so boring with him just standing there "looking" like he's strumming lol.

Bono's actually doing a commendable job on the guitar on the Fly on this tour. He doubles Adam with the descending E minor scale in the post-chorus and plays cool arpeggios on the chorus, in addition to the rhythm parts.

I think the Variax rocks the Fly on this tour.

Ladera Heights said:

Bono's actually doing a commendable job on the guitar on the Fly on this tour. He doubles Adam with the descending E minor scale in the post-chorus and plays cool arpeggios on the chorus, in addition to the rhythm parts.

I think the Variax rocks the Fly on this tour.

:yes: :up: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Instead of the Variax I think Edge should be using the Eric Clapton Stratocaster he used on Zoo TV. To much Les Pauls, not enough Strats these days. Although its not as bad as the Popmarts days.

Muad'zin said:
Instead of the Variax I think Edge should be using the Eric Clapton Stratocaster he used on Zoo TV. To much Les Pauls, not enough Strats these days. Although its not as bad as the Popmarts days.

Pfft, you can never have too many Les Pauls :drool:

tommycharles said:

Pfft, you can never have too many Les Pauls :drool:

Be gone, philistine! While the Les Paul is an outstanding guitar that every guitarist should have at least one off, they can't dare to bask in the awesomeness that is the Fender Stratocaster. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I like the Vertigo version of the Fly. The way Edge lets it ring out at the beginning is something else. Does anyone know what % the Variax replicates 'authentic' sound.
LAPOE really rocks too...

Who manufatures Edges red and black ellipse guitar?

Albie

canedge said:
Who manufatures Edges red and black ellipse guitar?

Line 6 manufactures Edge's Variax guitars (and, coincidently, all other Variax guitars). They also make a couple of his pedals, and recently purchased his soul.

I don't mind the Vertigo version of the Fly, yeah, the stuff at the beginning is fantastic, but I have two gripes
1) Bono plays guitar (I didn't like that on ZooTV either)
2) The solo sounds like crap. That guitar just doesn't put any guts into it, and after the Elevation version I really don't know how they could improve on it. Points for trying, I guess.

tommycharles said:

1) Bono plays guitar (I didn't like that on ZooTV either)
2) The solo sounds like crap. That guitar just doesn't put any guts into it, and after the Elevation version I really don't know how they could improve on it. Points for trying, I guess.

:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom