Are you this good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not bad, not bad at all. Not yet up with the likes of Vai or Satriani but the kid has potential. He's already as good as a friend of mine and he's at least ten years older.

Personally I liked to be able to play like that in order to broaden my horizons. Just don't got the patience to study for that kind of chops. Plus IMHO people who are able to play like that tend to sound the same. A guy like Malmsteen is uberfast but has been making the same record for 20 years.
Then again us Edge wannabee's also tend to sound the same. So its off looking for that optimal best of both worlds.

Honestly I don't care much for the music, it's just not the stuff I listen too. But the kid is amazing to be able to play it, all the little things he is doing, technical things is unbelieveable. And the memorizing, that has to be at least 5 minutes of non stop soloing. He's my hero

I must say it. Once some years ago, I would have felt really annoyed. The boy plays, of course. But After some years trying to play like that (and getting further than where i thought I could get, but not that far), I realised the important thing is WHAT you play and HOW you do it, not in reverse. As a guitar player, I am much more satisfied now, playing things like U2, Pearl Jam, Incubus,... they rock my mind, not just my fingers.
Of cousre, this is only an opinion.

I agree with finnsith. There is more to guitar playing than self-gratification. That isn't to say I didn't dig Eddie's solo from that link though.
he is good at that song. I'd like to hear him live in a band and see what he does before i made any real conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom