Anyone use a digitech effects pedal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djfeelgood

The Fly
hey all,

Do any of you use the digitech rp series pedals?

Im just curious to see what settings you use for u2 songs.

Desire, WTSHNN, WOWY, Pride

I used to use the rp-100. I recently upgraded to a GT-6, but only because I found a good deal, not because I was the least bit dissatisfied with my digitech.

For Streets and Pride I just added 340ms delay to preset 9 as it already has a very short echo, which means that you can actually achieve the double-echo effect that Edge uses. For those two songs I actually prefer the Digitech to my Boss setup.

I've never actually tried to find a tone for those other two songs, if we play Desire we usually do it ZooTV style so it's just phaser+distortion.

But I'll work on it :)

T

I've got a Digitech RP-200. Not too wild about it, but it gets things done. I'll have to tell you what some of my presets are when I go home this weekend - I live on the quiet floor of my residence, so no instruments allowed. :sad:

GibsonGirl said:
I've got a Digitech RP-200. Not too wild about it, but it gets things done. I'll have to tell you what some of my presets are when I go home this weekend - I live on the quiet floor of my residence, so no instruments allowed. :sad:

But Steph is a crap guitarist anyways, so nobody minds. :wink:

Haha..yea residence.. i remember that. I was in res last year I have 4 'Incident reports' from playing too loud in my room.

I got a house this year with some friends and havent looked back.

cheers,
Aaron

GibsonGirl said:

Can't you just play over a headphone? I put my amp through a mixer that also controls my stereo. That way I can jam along with whatever plays on my stereo through my headphone and so give my neighbours a break.

The disadvantage is that when somebody enters your room you'll look silly and you may not notice them get in.

Back
Top Bottom