Another Singing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jag

Babyface
Can anyone learn to sing well?? Or does talent determine if you'll ever be any good?

Some days I can do "Love comes tumbling" so well that my gf compliments me, the other days I can't even do Happy Birthday on key.

Technically, I'm no good and sound no good 95% of the time. So, does someone like me have any hope of ever sounding decent on karoake nights??

I guess it boils down to knowing what you can do with your voice and what you can't.
And learn how to use that to your best advantage. So if you can't hit those high Lemon style notes, just don't bother.

But if you really want to learn what you can do with your voice, take up singing lessons. If I weren't squandering my money on guitars, amps and effects I would. I truly believe anyone can learn to sing. But there will be no denying that real talent will always have the advantage.

Lessons would give you consistency which is what it sounds like you are looking for.

I can hit a falsetto with ease but I don't like it, so I don't use it much. :lol:

I guess I am after MAJOR consistency. I did "Hazard" by Richard Marx last night at a karoake party and had applause all round. This morning, I've tried it again and haven't been being able to even hit the "I sweeeeaaaaar" bits. I'm looking into singing lessons right NOW.

Back
Top Bottom