And yet MORE new Warwick bass guitars for Adam!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge_Orchestra View Post

I agree that it would be great to have it the bass be affordable. But if they use cheaper wood and electronics to so so... hardly worth the effort if even Adam wouldn't play it.

The "good news" is that the Streamer $$ series is a bit cheaper, logging in at around $2,700 to $3,200. (Cheaper than the Streamer Stage I) But one should keep in mind that Adam's has a custom finish and some other custom touches... so it is hardly the stock version.

Add to that the gold sparkle being a "signature model"... Chances are it will be out of the price range for most.

This from the Warwick pricelist:
1214380000GZASHAWW Streamer $$ 4 str., oil finish $2,700.00
1214380100GZASHAWW Streamer $$ 4 str., oil finish color $2,700.00
1214381100GZASHAWW Streamer $$ 4 str., high polish $3,.200.00
1214385100GZASHAWW Streamer $$ 4 str., sunburst high polish $3,200.00

If this is from Warwick's pricelist, then we can assume that the actual street price will be about 2/3 of the list price. And while I'd rather have a Stryker, that would put the Streamer into a relatively do-able range (for me at least)--I'd just have to save, sell my Taylor acoustic, dress the kids in hand-me-downs, and not tell the wife.

BTW, where did the Warwick Signature rumor come from? I forget.

branwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by branwalls View Post
If this is from Warwick's pricelist, then we can assume that the actual street price will be about 2/3 of the list price. And while I'd rather have a Stryker, that would put the Streamer into a relatively do-able range (for me at least)--I'd just have to save, sell my Taylor acoustic, dress the kids in hand-me-downs, and not tell the wife.

BTW, where did the Warwick Signature rumor come from? I forget.
The statement about a signature bass for Adam came from Dallas, by way of a U2 Rec Yahoo Group mamber that spoke with him in Berlin on the 5th. Pretty reliable guy - I don't think he'd have made up that Dallas said that.

Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #23
The Fly

Ok, now I remember seeing it on the Yahoo group, I'd just forgotten where it came from. It supports my theory that the reason we're seeing him using so many Warwicks is that he's figuring out what he wants on a signature bass, particularly since he hasn't been known as a big Warwick user in the past. Looks like Fender and Lakland missed the boat.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Lkland seems to have missed the boat. He hasn't used one live since... Fordham Univ promo show.

Fender's are still getting some play.... gold sparkel Jazz and P-bass, as well as the purple P-bass.

Seems he's set the white Triumph LP Recording bass aside... had been using it for "One" in Europe...

I like that the Rivoli and Gibson RD Artist are both getting used.

Variety IS the spice of life. IF they do make a signature bass, I still hope Adam uses the variety he has this tour

Quote:
Ok, now I remember seeing it on the Yahoo group, I'd just forgotten where it came from. It supports my theory that the reason we're seeing him using so many Warwicks is that he's figuring out what he wants on a signature bass, particularly since he hasn't been known as a big Warwick user in the past. Looks like Fender and Lakland missed the boat.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #25
The Fly

this is awesome. i would loooove a signature model :P
animeavalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #26
The Fly

Quote:
Lkland seems to have missed the boat. He hasn't used one live since... Fordham Univ promo show.

Fender's are still getting some play.... gold sparkel Jazz and P-bass, as well as the purple P-bass.
Yeah, I meant they should have offered to do an Adam signature bass, a Fender P bass would have made sense, since he's used one so often for so long, and I know there are more than a few on this forum who would have loved a purple sparkle Adam Clayton signature bass.

Maybe Fender could do a replica tribute of his old P-bass that he used up until recently-the one that once bore a House of Pain sticker and may have been lost in the flood.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Adam signature bass ?

Quote:
Yeah, I meant they should have offered to do an Adam signature bass, a Fender P bass would have made sense, since he's used one so often for so long, and I know there are more than a few on this forum who would have loved a purple sparkle Adam Clayton signature bass.

Maybe Fender could do a replica tribute of his old P-bass that he used up until recently-the one that once bore a House of Pain sticker and may have been lost in the flood.
Lakland seems to have dropped the ball. If you go to the Lakland site, you will see that they 'Darryl Jones' model, that Adam had been using, is no longer available. From what I've heard, there has been some changes at the company... that might be why Darryl Jones didnt' resign an agreement with them and why Adam opted to look elsewhere.

That said, I think a replica of Adam's 197/1973 Precision would be great; as it's a bass he's used for much of U2's career.

(Why did I say 1972/1973, not 100% sure which it is as I've heard/read Adam refer to it by 1972 in some interviews and 1973 in others)

Or they could simply call it an Adam Clayton Precision bass. They could make it available in (3) finishes: gold flake sparkle, lilac/purple flake sparkle and the third could be 'aged' vintage Adam (ages tobacco with "House of Pain" sticker; an exact replica of Adam's.

But alas, it appears that Fender has no interest in making an Adam Clayton model.

So perhaps it will be down to Warwick to do so. A Stryker would be great but pricey. Any Warwick would probably be fairly pricey but the Stryker would for sure...

Time will tell. Maybe he will go for the gold flake sparkle Warwick Streamer.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #28
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
and I know there are more than a few on this forum who would have loved a purple sparkle Adam Clayton signature bass. .
Gee, I wonder what could've given you that idea?

:WANT:
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #29
The Fly

Quote:

So perhaps it will be down to Warwick to do so. A Stryker would be great but pricey. Any Warwick would probably be fairly pricey but the Stryker would for sure...

Time will tell. Maybe he will go for the gold flake sparkle Warwick Streamer.
Don't get me wrong. I'm happy to see any member of U2 get a signature instrument (even knowing Bono has a signature Gretsch is pretty cool), but you're absolutely right, taking the Geddy Lee J-bass and the Sting P-bass as price markers, a Fender signature bass would have been much more affordable for us regular folk. Still, I can't wait to see what Warwick does and I'll try to find a (legal ) way of getting it.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #30
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Gee, I wonder what could've given you that idea?

:WANT:
Seems you might have mentioned it...
Old 11-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I'm happy to see any member of U2 get a signature instrument (even knowing Bono has a signature Gretsch is pretty cool), but you're absolutely right, taking the Geddy Lee J-bass and the Sting P-bass as price markers, a Fender signature bass would have been much more affordable for us regular folk. Still, I can't wait to see what Warwick does and I'll try to find a (legal ) way of getting it.
An 'allegedly' legal manner of obtaining said 'signature' bass? Is there one in THIS economy (One that is getting better but is still 'fecked')?

Old 11-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #32
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
Seems you might have mentioned it...
Maybe once or twice...

Edge_O, I think the only legal manner of obtaining a signature Warwick would be not to eat for a few weeks, not to drive anymore, work 24 hour shifts and go completely crazy? Or yeah, I'll have to save a few years and I'll manage.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

...or find your self a "Sugar Daddy" or "Credit Card Cougar" to "sponsor" you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Maybe once or twice...

Edge_O, I think the only legal manner of obtaining a signature Warwick would be not to eat for a few weeks, not to drive anymore, work 24 hour shifts and go completely crazy? Or yeah, I'll have to save a few years and I'll manage.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #34
The Fly

Quote:
...or find your self a "Sugar Daddy" or "Credit Card Cougar" to "sponsor" you.
I'm not sure how my wife will feel about me being sponsored by a credit card cougar...or a sugar daddy, for that matter.

It will have to be a combination of galeongirl's suggestions, selling some old gear that is still in good condition but is just gathering dust, and good old-fashioned saving-up (like we did when we were kids).
Old 11-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
I'm not sure how my wife will feel about me being sponsored by a credit card cougar...or a sugar daddy, for that matter.

It will have to be a combination of galeongirl's suggestions, selling some old gear that is still in good condition but is just gathering dust, and good old-fashioned saving-up (like we did when we were kids).
You sure? What the wife don't know...

Kidding, I don't advocate cheating on any level. T'is horrible... even if it is to gain access to sweet music gear.