AMP question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah thanks, i like that. i didnt know if there was a way with spending 100 bucks. but eventually i may turn to that...i would like a 8 track recorder 1st though.

mkdominatr said:

hmm never thought of that, how does that work?

get a simple y-split cable and take it from the output of the rp200 into both of the amps. alotta fun with the panner and pingpong delay effects!

You don't even need the Y-cable. Just connect one amp to the left output and one to the right output. Now you can play in stereo. The chorus and ping pong delays sound amazing when you get two amps going.

I forgot to mention that you can get a Y-cable for cheap if you want to just split a mono sound. It a bit cheaper option than the amp selector up above (they're only like $10). I actually use them to run parallel delays. It's cheap enough that you could get one just to mess around with.

OffAxis said:
You don't even need the Y-cable. Just connect one amp to the left output and one to the right output. Now you can play in stereo. The chorus and ping pong delays sound amazing when you get two amps going.

well the rp200a that i have only has 1 output, and the manual says that a y-split cable would work

discothequeLP said:

well the rp200a that i have only has 1 output, and the manual says that a y-split cable would work

Do you have a RP200A or RP2000? There's a world of difference between the two.

OffAxis said:

Do you have a RP200A or RP2000? There's a world of difference between the two.

I have the RP200A , so i will look for the split cable. i thought there was one just wasnt sure. thanks for the help.

macphisto23 said:

Which one is better?

I think the RP2000 is better. It has an expression pedal and 6 foot pedals as opposed to the 2 foot pedals and expression pedal on the 200A. But the 2000 sucks so not really a big deal.

EDIT - I just noticed that all those posts for patches were for the 200 not the 2000. Apparently I can't read. Ha! I was wondering why the order of settings and some other stuff was a bit off. Also I think there might be some settings that you can't adjust on the 200A.

Last edited:
Y-cables are a recipe for trouble.

Instead, spend the money and get yourself a true splitter box, with transformer isolated, buffered outputs.

Y-cables will lead to signal loss, and excessive noise - especially ground loops. In some instances, it can even damage one or BOTH of your amps.

These companies make good splitters:

Axess - Electronics. com = makers of the BS-2 ( an increasingly popular unit)

Radialeng. com = Radial engineering, makers of the Switchbone.

TRUST ME, you do not want a cheap y-cable...yes, you may save now if you get one, but be prepared to deal with major headaches and even MORE money later. Do it right the first time and you'll never have to do it again...get a real SPLITTER!!!!

oh, wow, sorry, my bad. i didnt know he was talkign about the two-thousand. i have the two-hundred. the 2000 is way better

Back
Top Bottom