always-on pedal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I realize that lots of people have one of those pedal that's always on for tonal reasons. can be TS-type pedal (especially common amongst strat players, and these people hate active pups. how ironic). it can be chorus/flange even, to fatten up the sound (possibly make it sound like they're doubling guitar). and obviously delay.

Do you guys see Edge having that kind of pedal? I guess it's obviously delay which is always on one way or another (like one that is low in mix?). but are there other pedals that are always on? compressor, possibly?

While I'm squarely in this camp, and don't play a note without my trusty Fulldrive 2 MOSFET, I find it hard to imagine Edge being. There's just so very little in common between some of his tones.

I just wondered as lots of people seem to shape tone with gain pedal (well "normal people" need to deal with backbone amps or amps that we can afford). but it seems like Edge has base tone really nailed on with his amps (well it's custom made at this point, so i guess that should be true, right?)

Back
Top Bottom