Aguilar Amps and Cabinets for Adam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I did notice that Adam seems to have gone with Aguilar amps, at least judging by The Brit Awards pictures and video that I've seen.

Interesting, as he seemed very happy with the Ashdown amps. Wonder why the change or if he's just experimenting for this song while doing the awards shows? Maybe he used them in the studio so "why not" for the Awards shows but back to the Ashdowns for the tour? Combination of Ashdown and Aguilar for the tour?

Time will tell.

Great to see that Adam is getting more into his gear that it's 'seemed' in the past. He's got the Aguilar amps, the two Warwick basses, some new (to him) vintage Fender Jazz and Precision bass guitars...

Looking forward to hearing what he's got to say about Aguilar and the other new gear once he is featured in Bass Player magazine, as usually happens each album/tour cycle. (Hopefully sooner than later.)

I was pretty surprised when I saw that Buzzard thing in the U2.com videos. Hes pretty much a Fender (or Lakland, but they're effectively fender copies) guy after all.

New stuff is always fun though. :hyper:

What type of amps did he used before the Ashdowns?

I was pretty surprised when I saw that Buzzard thing in the U2.com videos. Hes pretty much a Fender (or Lakland, but they're effectively fender copies) guy after all.

New stuff is always fun though. :hyper:

What type of amps did he used before the Ashdowns?

ASHDOWN GEAR | Adam Clayton

ABM RPM-1 EVO II Preamplifier

ABM APM 1000 EVO II Power Amp x 2

ABM 900 EVO II Head

ABM 810 Cabinet

ABM BP1510TX Cabinet

ABM C410T-500 EVO II Combo

Before the Ashdowns, I believe he was a typical Ampeg/SVT guy. Not too sure.

I'm curious about the Aguilars, too. I liked his Ashdown tone, personally.

I just wish he'd bring back his Taurus pedals!!! :hyper: :applaud:

BWWWWWWOOOOONGGGG!!!!

This is painful to read.

I think MooMoo! wants to know what Adam used before Ashdown.

Ha! Like I said a few posts up, probably SVTs.

Early on, a Marshall. (Pre-Boy)

BOY thru WAR = Ampeg SVT400 watt – 8x10 bass stack: Ran both direct and mic’d with Sennheiser MD421

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE tour = Amp SVT head ( used just as preamp), (4) Harbinger cabinets [(4) w/15" speakers], JBL 2410 high freq. drivers, (2) BGW 750Bs and BGW 250B.

THE JOSHUA TREE tour = BGW amp (not sure if it was the 750 or 250) into (4) Harbinger cabinets.

ZOOTV = (2) Alembic F-28 per-amps. Ampeg SVT-II P(2) C-Audio RA3000 Power Amps, C-Audio RA2000 power amp, (2) pairs of JBL Speakers [4755A & 4745A

ZOOROPA tour = Carver power amp, SVT cabinets, which he had since around BOY (He began experimenting with SWR cabinets and later went to them for Popmart)

POPMART = a variety of SWR cabinets ("Tailored to match each specific hall" - per Bass Player magazine [Dec 2000], Rocktron patchmate pre-amp,

* That more descriptive? =O)

The Lakland, natural finish with black pickguard, is back for the Echo awards! It sounds better, I gotta admit that.

Not sure about that. Looks more like a Fender Precision bass with redish tortoise pick guard.

1m3ws-775e460e783a89051f99d580830ac.jpg

Various_2009-02-21Echo2009Berlin-6.jpg

YouTube - U2 - Get On Your Boots [Live at Echo Awards 2009]

Hm, you're right. I couldn't see it on my tv properly because ofcourse they NEVER give us decent Adam footage. :rolleyes: nobody cares for the bassplayer!

This is even better! :love: Adam playing the Precisions live again! Seems like a new one, I like the red pickguard. :hmm: Fancy.
Most likely will have a Jazzneck tho.

Here's a clearer pic :D Definately a Precision!

552866123531104428057.jpg

264846123531164027449.jpg

Thanks to U2poland.com!

Are my eyes deceiving me, is there a bit of gold sparkle flake in that finish or just natural wood?

The Precision, like the Jazz is a classic bass. Hope to see this and the other Fenders live... but it'd rock to see the (2) Warwicks and if they play "Mofo" or another 'Pop' album tune, the Auerswald!

Are my eyes deceiving me, is there a bit of gold sparkle flake in that finish or just natural wood?

The Precision, like the Jazz is a classic bass. Hope to see this and the other Fenders live... but it'd rock to see the (2) Warwicks and if they play "Mofo" or another 'Pop' album tune, the Auerswald!

It doesn't look completely natural to me either. :hmm: Not sure if it's a sparkle flake, or something else though.

I hope to see him play a precision on tour again, since it's a great bass. The Warwicks would be cool. Damn, Mofo! :combust: Even the THOUGHT of them playing it live already makes me hyper.

I haven't heard the album yet, but NLOTH2 has a FANTASTIC bassline. I'm definately excited for the tour, and I'm sure Adam has had lessons. His playing is so much better than Bomb.

The thing about HTDAAB was, I couldnt bloody hear him to know whether he was good or not! :angry:

Certainly heard him live though. :drool:

True, it was also a bad mix. And HTDAAB was one of his most boring albums, I gotta say. It was either follow Edge's riff or boring 8th notes.

:drool: NLOTH2 owns the whole of Hutdab.

I've been told that NLOTH the album is definately Adam's album. I can't wait.

:drool: Oh wow, Adam's playing a Precision agian.

I really like the burgundy jazzy too! Pity Adam gets the least attention in the clip! They shoot Larry, Edge and ofcourse Bono, but where's the love for the Jazzman? :sad:

:drool: Oh wow, Adam's playing a Precision agian.

I really like the burgundy jazzy too! Pity Adam gets the least attention in the clip! They shoot Larry, Edge and ofcourse Bono, but where's the love for the Jazzman? :sad:

Yeah, the avg. camera dude concentrates on singer and guitar players usually. Dumb.

Only reason Larry's been turning up in more pics is that Bono is starting the song directly behind Larry!

But I do wish they'd give Adam and Larry a bit more camera time. U2 ARE FOUR members. And we love them each for their part in U2's music.

And yes, that burgundy mist Jazz Bass is pretty cool. It showed up in lots of the u2.com video snippets.

Bought myself a Burgundy Mist Jazz last month on Ebay!! I saw the U2.com movies and thought..wow gotta have this one!!

I was hoping he's gonna use it on tour, but he surprised me by using it for Boots!! Me happy...:hyper:

afae_3.jpg

Bought myself a Burgundy Mist Jazz last month on Ebay!! I saw the U2.com movies and thought..wow gotta have this one!!

I was hoping he's gonna use it on tour, but he surprised me by using it for Boots!! Me happy...:hyper:

afae_3.jpg

Holy Sparky Heck! That looks great! Hope it sounds as great too! WOW!

Only thing that might look better? A white pearl pickguard. (Just a thought) but dang, that is a nice looking bass! The 1960's style painted/matching head stock.

What year is this bass?

afae_3.jpg

:drool: Damn nice! Geluksvogel!

It looks great!

By the way, I do have an call in to Aguilar's Artist Rep to find out more about the amps Adam is using, to verify the models in the pictures and find out about others he may have ordered.

I will let you know if I get a response.

Thx both, yes I am a very lucky girl:)
I dont know how it sounds yet because it's at my guitarcentre for some new pick-ups(Nordstrand), making a zero-fret and putting up DR strings.

Don't know the year of production, because I haven't actually looked at that (shame shame) But I know it's a mexican re-issue of a 62 Jazz. with the reversed tuning machines and so on.The white pick-up has te be replaced you're right. A lightgreenmint will come in place.
But first I want it to be ready for my next gig nex Friday.
But don't worry I have some more Adam goodies.:sexywink:
I'm glad I waited with Ashdown BTW!! I have Ampeg now. But I'm really eager how that new amps sounds! Please let me know when you know more.

As soon as the bass is ready I will let you in the sound:)

I will give a link to our U2 tribute (or cover whatever) band
Electric Co U2 - Tribute Band
Here you will find our version of Please/Streets
http://www.u2-covers.nl/Please_Streets_Mix2

And some pics of 2 more beauties of mine..
http://www.u2-covers.nl/924.jpg
http://www.u2-covers.nl/greenbass.jpg
enjoy

Back
Top Bottom