Aguilar Amps and Cabinets for Adam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool! This first one looks lots like and Ibanez Musician, like the one Adam used in the early 1980's (Red Rocks). Is that what make and model it is?

http://www.u2-covers.nl/924.jpg

Nice green Fender Jazz. Great finish. Hope it sounds as great as it looks.
http://www.u2-covers.nl/greenbass.jpg

Congrats, you have three of the basses that Adam used TONS from 1980-1993 era. Pretty darn cool.

What amp are you using?

Yep you're absolutely right:) it's an Ibanez Musician from 1981. Adam used 2 models, this is the model he uses at red rocks. It'rocks like hell but quite heavy.

The other is a Frankenstein Jazz, Mostly Fender but had the neck replaced pick-ups, replaced etc..but it sounds like the real thing. You can hear it on the mpthree link I've send. I think it doesn't work you have to put mpthree behind it but for some reason i don't think I can type in the right extension or something.
This is the one with the Vertigo Look. Green with a replaced maple neck.

My amp. Got Ampeg 1x15 classic Ampeg 4x 10 classic with a small Ampeg Amp the Br2 (I think) Was looking for a real Ampeg STV but, it's really too heavy. But what I do have now is sufficient enough for the time being:) but who knows? Aguilar? Always found it a bit Ugly:hyper:
And yourself? a guitarplayer?

Yep you're absolutely right:) it's an Ibanez Musician from 1981. Adam used 2 models, this is the model he uses at red rocks. It'rocks like hell but quite heavy.

The other is a Frankenstein Jazz, Mostly Fender but had the neck replaced pick-ups, replaced etc..but it sounds like the real thing. You can hear it on the mpthree link I've send. I think it doesn't work you have to put mpthree behind it but for some reason i don't think I can type in the right extension or something.
This is the one with the Vertigo Look. Green with a replaced maple neck.

My amp. Got Ampeg 1x15 classic Ampeg 4x 10 classic with a small Ampeg Amp the Br2 (I think) Was looking for a real Ampeg STV but, it's really too heavy. But what I do have now is sufficient enough for the time being:) but who knows? Aguilar? Always found it a bit Ugly:hyper:
And yourself? a guitarplayer?

I began playing drums at age 11 and guitars at 32. I am 42 now.

(Showing that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks)

:up::up::up::up::up:

After seeing the various awards shows, I noticed that Adam Clayton had some new amps. I was curious so I contacted Aguilar to find out what items of there's Adam was using and sent them off some pictures from the shows. Aguilar's response below:

Hi Jeffrey,

The rig Adam is using in those shots is a DB 750 amplifier with a DB 410 cabinet and a DB 115 cabinet (both cabinets in Classic Black). We appreciate you adding the links. They are as follows:

db750 amp

Aguilar Amplification

db410 (cabinet)
Aguilar Amplification

db115 (cabinet)
Aguilar Amplification

I have not heard what equipment they will be using for the upcoming tour. If you check back in a couple of weeks I should have more info.

Please let me know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Best Regards,
David Avenius
Chief Executive Officer
Aguilar Amplification

Holy CRAP!

I think Adam has another new bass!

on Magnificent, in the Linear movie. 32.44 minutes in

It's a Thunderbird most likely! It's got a natural finish with black pickguard and light neck. I can't save the screencap cause it's a dvd.

Holy CRAP!

I think Adam has another new bass!

on Magnificent, in the Linear movie. 32.44 minutes in

It's a Thunderbird most likely! It's got a natural finish with black pickguard and light neck. I can't save the screencap cause it's a dvd.

Adam's had a Thunderbird since the Rattle and Hum sessions. But he never seems to take it on the road. But cool if he did! Seems like Adam is now trying to match The Edge in guitar changes during a show. =O)

Adam's had a Thunderbird since the Rattle and Hum sessions. But he never seems to take it on the road. But cool if he did! Seems like Adam is now trying to match The Edge in guitar changes during a show. =O)

Yes but that's the sunburst one with white pickguard! This one's more natural finish with a black one, just like his lakland jazzy.
It would be awesome if he took all these new toys on tour! It'd be way easier to figure out what song he's playing if he changed guitars more often. With Edge it's easy, but with adam it's usually a guess.

Yes but that's the sunburst one with white pickguard! This one's more natural finish with a black one, just like his lakland jazzy.
It would be awesome if he took all these new toys on tour! It'd be way easier to figure out what song he's playing if he changed guitars more often. With Edge it's easy, but with adam it's usually a guess.

Have you a pic of the one with the dark pickguard?

I know that he did have the one you mentioned, with the white pickguard.
Adam176.jpg

Adam330.jpg

And he had a reverse Thunderbird (see "The Fly" video)
U2TheFlyLarryAdam1small-1.jpg

I tried screencapping, but the hardware acceleration didn't allow it. :grumpy: Stupid dvds. I can try downloading the movie and then screencapping I guess, that would work rather than the dvd playing.

Or if you can find a clip of Magnificent from Linear, that was the song where he played on it!

I tried screencapping, but the hardware acceleration didn't allow it. :grumpy: Stupid dvds. I can try downloading the movie and then screencapping I guess, that would work rather than the dvd playing.

Or if you can find a clip of Magnificent from Linear, that was the song where he played on it!

Ah yes, check out "Boots" on this video:

YouTube - U2 interview The Culture show 2009 part 3/3

Said "Thunderbird" is being used. Nice bass!

And it seems Larry has a set of red bongo too; not just the natural finish one's used at the Awards shows and such.

I had avoided all of those clips due to holding out.
:D That's indeed the bass I meant.
I love how the whole band gives interviews now, not just Bono and occasionally Edge!

Thanks for the clips!

Hi, someone can post some picture of Adam playing the white Precision on "Breathe"? Very thanks! :wave:

Here's one. Body is the same (check the clear spots on the pickguard), with same Badass II bridge. Only neck is a Fender Jazz one, as he used in the 80s:

rm2wky.jpg

Just found out my band's bassist plays a Lakland through an Aguilar. I thought that was interesting.

Aguilar Amps seem pretty cool. Ashdown's are certainly great sounding. Scott from "The Joshua Tree" has an Ashdown and it sounds fantastic.

Lakland makes pretty great bass guitars too!

I'm going to have to get out to a JT show one of these days. I've been trying some Mesa/Boogies out, but haven't run across too many Ashdowns or Aguilars.

If I'm ever getting an expensive bass, it'll either be a white/tortoise Lakland jazz or a Gibson RD Artist bass. :drool:

I just played around with an RD Artist Bass a week ago whilst in the vintage room at the Guitar Center Hollywood. Interesting beast. Be cool t'have.

Although, a Lakland or Fender Jazz might fit the bill a bit more. Probably a Jazz... bit more affordable. I don't play bass per se but it'd be cool to have to put bass on my own songs that I write. :up: Good fun.

Oh you played on one? Nice! :envy: How's the sound?

I love my precision to death already. :wink: I get attached to things easily.

Back
Top Bottom