Aguilar Amps and Cabinets for Adam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just played around with an RD Artist Bass a week ago whilst in the vintage room at the Guitar Center Hollywood. Interesting beast. Be cool t'have.

Although, a Lakland or Fender Jazz might fit the bill a bit more. Probably a Jazz... bit more affordable. I don't play bass per se but it'd be cool to have to put bass on my own songs that I write. :up: Good fun.

Sound and feel are good. Felt a bit like a Rickenbacker bass to me. Sound is more full than a Ric. (Nothing wrong with Ric bass)

I can't remember what they wanted for the RD. I will have to look when I go in again. I have to pick up a guitar at Neelys today. David is working on a Les Paul of mine... GC is across the street.

Interesting fun fact, David Neely has also worked on some of The Edge's guitars. (I will ask WHICH, today)

Sound and feel are good. Felt a bit like a Rickenbacker bass to me. Sound is more full than a Ric. (Nothing wrong with Ric bass)

I can't remember what they wanted for the RD. I will have to look when I go in again. I have to pick up a guitar at Neelys today. David is working on a Les Paul of mine... GC is across the street.

Interesting fun fact, David Neely has also worked on some of The Edge's guitars. (I will ask WHICH, today)

Check the year on the RD, too. It may be one of the original late 70s if it's in the Hollywood GC. Not that I'm in the market for a vintage Gibson bass, (amp first) :wink:. Plus I played a Musicman Sting Ray last weekend that was soooo comfortable it made my beloved Fender Jazz feel like playing a telephone pole. :D

Check the year on the RD, too. It may be one of the original late 70s if it's in the Hollywood GC. Not that I'm in the market for a vintage Gibson bass, (amp first) :wink:. Plus I played a Musicman Sting Ray last weekend that was soooo comfortable it made my beloved Fender Jazz feel like playing a telephone pole. :D

It's in their vintage room. They were only made from 1977-1981.

Musicians' Friend did have a reissue a year or so ago. But it was only available is some horrible silverburst finish. Ack. Horrible.

Sweet! I've really liked the Rumbles I've tried. :up:
Yep, I'm definitely happy with it! :D Thanks for the advice you guys gave me!

It's in their vintage room. They were only made from 1977-1981.

Musicians' Friend did have a reissue a year or so ago. But it was only available is some horrible silverburst finish. Ack. Horrible.

:sad: Wait, it's not made anymore? Dang, I'm screwed out of ever getting one then!

:sad: Wait, it's not made anymore? Dang, I'm screwed out of ever getting one then!

Trust me, the silver burst finish was butt ugly. :down:

Better if they made tobacco sunburst or natural finish, like the originals (Like Adam's)

I think Dave Grohl (Fighting Foo since 1995!) got the Gibson Custom Shop to make him one in Pelham Blue. (He likes that finish alot)

This colour?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/310J4mdxAvL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Looks nice to me! :up: I looked up the silver and yeah, that's ugly. The colour Adam has is quite nice.

I'm pretty sure that Gibson made a Pelham Blue RD Artist for Dave Grohl. They did make another model for for him too. This is what PELHAM blue looks like... here is the Dave Grohl modeled after the Trini Lopez model that Gibson made for him.

http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000018969.jpg

Wow, I'd dig that!

The Edge has a Pelham Blue Gibson SG. It's the backup guitar for the 1966 Heritage Red Gibson SG.

Only thing about Pelham Blue, like some other finishes over time, the top coat yellows a bit. For Pelham Blue, it starts to make it appear green.

[The Edge's white Les Paul Custom's they turned a bit 'cream' to yellow-ish]

Here's a piccy of Mr. Dallas Schoo with The Edge's Pelham Blue Gibson SG.

22422317_efcb5fa151.jpg

I guess he likes the tone or feel or whatever of the Heritage Red more. But who knows, he might break out the Pelham Blue SG.

Other fun but 'hidden' gems?

Jetglo (Rickenbacker name for black) Rickenbacker 330 12-string. I think it was the backup to the Mapleglo (natural maple wood finish) 330-12 that Edge used for "Mysterious Ways" on the 'Vertigo' tour.

I saw Dallas soundchecking the Jetglo 330-12 in Glendale, AZ on 'Vertigo'.

Most of the backups are the same or very similar in vintage and finish. As we can see... some are not.

Would LOVE to spend a day in their instrument room rumaging around. :D

Back
Top Bottom