Adams Sherwood Green bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Edge15

The Fly
The one from the Vertigo tour originally had a rosewood neck ,with a painted green headstock.But, by the time this bass appeared on the Vertigo tour, it had a maple neck.

Then, Adam used a Sherwood Green bass with a rosewood neck (seen in some of the U2.Com NLOTH videos that he recorded)

Fact: the Vertigo tour bass had scratches on it near the volume knobs.

Could the NLOTH bass be the same bass as te Vertigo tour bass, only the neck was changed back to rosewood from maple?

Do yo have pix? To compare? Chances are you are referring to two different bass guitars - two different models.

I remember there being the mid-'60's Sherwood Jazz bass used during the Vertigo tour.

The Sherwood green and the Shoreline gold Jazz were phased out (used little to none) once Adam took delivery of the metallic green and shoreline-ish gold Lakland bass guitars during the Vertigo tour.

Back to your question -- I remember seeing a Sherwood green Precision (and burgundy mist Precision) in some of the NLOTH session pics and videos. Both with matching finish headstocks.

So while he has more than one bass in Sherwood green. There is at least 1 Jazz and 1 Precision. Again, if you could post some reference photos, that could help.

What I know is that Adam loves 1960's era Fenders with the matching finish headstock. Dallas mentioned that he keeps an eye out for them, for Adam.

Odd part is, for live use he will have the necks swapped out, as he can see his way around the fretboard better (on stage and in variable lighting) than on a rosewood board.

So we know that Adam loves Sherwood green and Shoreline gold. Other fun fact? From what I was told, he hates tobacco sunburst.

Ok, the pics are here.

The Vertigo Tour Bass- Scratches near the volume and tone knobs and a Maple neck:
fender-jazz-1964-sherwood_grn-2.jpg

The NLOTH bass: I have found that there are now two possible Sherwood Green basses: One definite and one possible.

Bass 1: Seen in the video link below in a rack of bass guitars in HQ during the NLOTH sessions. It has a painted green headstock. Seen around 15-16 seconds into the video. Correct me wrong, but it could be one of the Sadowsky sparkle green basses that Adam has. This is the bass that is only a possibility of being a Sherwood Green Fender.

Bass 2: D

Adam likes 1960's era Fenders. That came up in a conversation I had with Dallas a while back. He prefers them with the matching headstock. This one fits the bill - 1960's, Sherwood green but minus the matching headstock.

The bass in the video Fender Precisions, not the Jazz that was used during the Vertigo tour.

Back
Top Bottom