Adam's best songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adriansr_martin

The Fly
we all know that Edge is a great iennovator and produces alot of the texture behind U2's sound - but I often think that Adam is looked over as a bass player. Sure he's perhaps not as great as Flea but.....I think he still adds alot to U2's sound and song structure.

Just wondered what everyone thought were adam's stand out tracks - how about a top 3...

Mine would be

1/ New Years Day (just for the Riff)
2/ Bullet
3/ Zoo Station

Anyone else?

NYD and BTBS have very good riffs, as does The Fly. Mofo is my favorite, though.

New Year's Day of course
Gloria for the very rare bass solo
City of Blinding lights...I think people over look this for the bass lines, but they really add to have the chorus "leave the ground"

theAtomic said:
I have forgotten Mofo. I should have put on the second place on my listm after NYD.

Mofo's main riff is a Keyboard riff.

Its not played on the bass.

Gloria
Bullet
NYD
Rejoice
Pop stuff

Bullet's not a hard line to play, but it's just so genius for the song. The bass line in Rejoice is so melodious, and sounds so unique compared to his usual style. I also think Mercy is noteworthy because he plays a galloping rythm that isn't found in any of their other songs, bass-wise. Anyone else notice that?

I absolutely love the bass-line in "40", but we're not talking about Edge, are we...:wink:

mandrake said:
I think Mofo is played on bass live though. It is a keyboard on the album for sure.

Its not.

Watch the mexico vid or when they played the MTV awards in rotterdam

He plays "underneath it"

Its a sample live

What about Lemon - forgotten what a great groove that has - as well as Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car ....:drool: :drool:

^Definitely...Vertigo's another one of my favorite basslines. Lemons's good, too. Adam plays a lot of "easy" stuff, but it's all down to the *way* he plays it. I like his strumming technique...it tranlates well when played live.

i dont have enough posts to post a url but go to myspace and search U2 Twilight....what an amazing song...my FAVORITE bassline and bass that Adam has used

That's exactly what i wrote when i tried to post the link last night!
You are the man Craigp! But seriously, the Ibanez musician is my absolute favorite bass he has ever used. It sounds so great on that video too. Twilight is also just a great all around song. My fav drumbeat too.

craigp said:

why does adam never use his ibanez anymore?

Didn't he regretfully say in some interview that he tried to "modify" it by cutting a big chunk out of it? He then said that the bass sounded really bad after his modification. He was either talking about the Ibanez or some other earlier bass.:huh: Anyone remember the interview?

That's an awesome version of Twilight...anyone notice Adam singing on the "shadow" part 3/4 through? I belive Bono said they never plugged in his mic at performances...heh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom