Adam and his Gibson Recording Bass - video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
U2.com > News > 21 Days

and here:

Login | Facebook

Adam might be taking his Gibson Recording Bass out on the tour? From the looks fo the rehearsal footage - definite maybe.

This is the bass of "One", "One Step Closer" and many other tunes. But Adam usually doesn't take any of his Gibson bass guitars out on tour.

But since he's been experimenting... and playing the Gibson RD bass in promo shows... be cool to see him out touring with the Recording Bass too!

Maybe ADAM will have almost as many guitar changes as The Edge?

You're right. I used to look forward to new album/tour cycles to see Edge's new gear, but Adam definitely has him beat this time out. I can't wait to see how many different basses Adam uses on the tour. Stuart will be working as hard as Dallas. :applaud:

One exception: Magnificent, on which Adam seems to be sticking with the Gibson RD, but Edge has played two different teles, the Country Gent, the Green Gretsch in the video, and the Music Rising Les Paul.

You're right. I used to look forward to new album/tour cycles to see Edge's new gear, but Adam definitely has him beat this time out. I can't wait to see how many different basses Adam uses on the tour. Stuart will be working as hard as Dallas. :applaud:

One exception: Magnificent, on which Adam seems to be sticking with the Gibson RD, but Edge has played two different teles, the Country Gent, the Green Gretsch in the video, and the Music Rising Les Paul.

That there Cadillac Green Gretsch Country Club is Bono's guitar. Check early Elevation tour pics, that is the guitar that Bono was using before he got the Irish Falcon.

You can see it here:
U2gigs.com - U2 concert photo gallery

Bono PLAYS guitar? Kidding. Actually he is far better than most give him credit.

I'd imagine he's fiddled with some of Edge's guitars. Wouldn't that be a site... Bono playing The Edge's Explorer!

No, I agree. Bono is not completely incompetent with a guitar. I'm sure if you spend thirty years hanging around with The Edge, something is bound to rub off. :up: But letting anyone (other than Dallas) play the Explorer? I don't know.... Probably Morleigh doesn't even get to play the Explorer.

No, I agree. Bono is not completely incompetent with a guitar. I'm sure if you spend thirty years hanging around with The Edge, something is bound to rub off. :up: But letting anyone (other than Dallas) play the Explorer? I don't know.... Probably Morleigh doesn't even get to play the Explorer.

Hey, they did let that girl from that tribute band play his Explorer at the 11-01-2005 show at the Staples Center in LA. Their whole band got up and played "Out of Control".

How did it sound? Sounded decent. Are they still around? I think they have gone thier separate since then. I remember the singer left and last year the bass player... Anywho... but yeah, if Dallas would hand one of his Explorers to that guitarist, he MIGHT let Bono strum a chord on it. :D

Haha yes but Dallas did hand her a different guitar first! I think he gave her a Gretsch, but she asked for the Explorer. Edge said it was okay.

We have to keep in mind that this girl was a guitarist, not Bono. :wink:

Haha yes but Dallas did hand her a different guitar first! I think he gave her a Gretsch, but she asked for the Explorer. Edge said it was okay.

We have to keep in mind that this girl was a guitarist, not Bono. :wink:

Yeah, I remember them handing her the Irish Falcon. I think it was Edge that asked what they were playing or something, hence they brought out the Explorer. Not sure if she asked for it or not. Either way, she got to play one of his Explorers - so that is pretty cool.

While there have been a few girls that Bono has pulled up to dance more than once, that guitar player is the only musician I know that has been pulled up more than once. She played acoustic in LA on Elevation. The band thing I mentioned and a few days later in Oakland Bono had her up and handed her a tamborine during "All Because of You". Can't 'hate' over that. I think it's cool that she's had that kind of luck.

Day 16 countdown video at U2.com shows Adam's hands up close, playing "Beautiful Day".

U2.com > Sound and Vision > Videos

He's playing the gold sparkle Fender Jazz that was used at the Wash DC inaugural show.

Also, in the background there are some other of Adam's bass guitars. There is a dark brown wood one... looks to be a Warwick of some model.

Also looks like there is a red Jazz or Precision bass back there.

I am convinced Adam won lotto. Or beat Bono at chess and the prize was TONS of new bass gear.

:drool: Sparkly coming on tour! Superwin!

It's so lovely how Adam's on fire on this album and now got loads of new basses! :D

I think that the red one is a Jazz, I am clearly seeing the elements. Or is that another bass?

:drool: Sparkly coming on tour! Superwin!

It's so lovely how Adam's on fire on this album and now got loads of new basses! :D

I think that the red one is a Jazz, I am clearly seeing the elements. Or is that another bass?

I am pretty sure it is a 1960's era Jazz too. But Would like to see a closer pic.

Okay Adam... play a song with it for the next video, `kay?

There. Problem solved. =O)

That is one sweet looking bass. I love how the light hits it at the end.:drool: I still can't imagine Adam out shopping for basses:D, but somebody definitely has been....

Back
Top Bottom