Acoustic Fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Could ya really play it acoustic or would you not recognise it at all?
(I'd like to give it a bash)

The only way I could see "The Fly" done in acoustic, is the way Bono and The Edge started out the song on the Boston DVD. It'd be difficult to do the verses in acoustic, I think.

I dunno, though, give it a shot. :shrug:

A street busker once played it for me on his acoustic guitar. This was a few years ago so I don't remember much. I do remember thinking it was pretty cool though. He earned himself a good few bucks from me that night.

you could play the regular verse part, just let the open E or open A (depending on your key) ring as usual. The chorus, just strum it, like the Elevation Boston chorus. the solo, well...:huh:

I've tried it. It didn't sound very good at all. Some songs just don't translate well from acoustic to electric. And this seems to be one of them.

But if anyone has a tab that works for it, I'd love to try it.

Well, ive been trying but it aint working out too good, ill probably be able to do it this time next year though:eyebrow:

Hi there! This is my first post here and I salute you all!
I'm an U2 fan from Romania and I often do U2 tributes with fans around here. I played twice The Fly acoustic in front of them and it sounded great. For the verse you just keep the rhythm on E for the most part, and then A D. It's all about the strum and the rhythm, but I do not agree with the opinion that this song can't be played acoustic. I know for a fact it can.:)

Back
Top Bottom