Acoustic chords for "Stuck"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Blunt Edge

The Fly
Verse: E G#m A G#m B C#m A E

I never thought ... : C#m A F# A C#m A C#m B

Chorus: E G#m A G#m B C#m A E

I was unconcious ...: F# A E F# A B

And if the night runs over: E G#m A G#m B C#m A E

There are quite a few chord changes, so I won't type where, but if you listen to the CD you can probably figure it out. Listen to the vocals also. Hope this helps.

Awesome! Thanx
smile.gif

Originally posted by The Blunt Edge:
Verse: E G#m A G#m B C#m A E

Chorus: E G#m A G#m B C#m A E

I was unconcious ...: F# A E F# A B

And if the night runs over: E G#m A G#m B C#m A E

The verse, chorus, and ending chord structure should be like this:

E E/G# A E/G# B C#m A E

Technically the chord doesn't change to G#m, the E chord simply goes to first inversion with a G# in the bass. However, if you're playing on your own the G#m will sound close enough.

Also, make sure the chord in the "I was unconscious" section is F#minor, not major.

Just a few minor details really
smile.gif

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 04-24-2002).]

also, don't forget the C diminished chord in the chorus on the word "stuck" on the repeat. It replaces the B chord.:lemon:

Se7en said:

The verse, chorus, and ending chord structure should be like this:

E E/G# A E/G# B C#m A E

Technically the chord doesn't change to G#m, the E chord simply goes to first inversion with a G# in the bass. However, if you're playing on your own the G#m will sound close enough.

Also, make sure the chord in the "I was unconscious" section is F#minor, not major.

Just a few minor details really
smile.gif

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 04-24-2002).]

If you don't mind... how do you do an F#minor chord? I'm a little confused about sharps. Could you please explain G#majors, F#minors and so on and how you get them?

Also, I saw someone mension a C diminished chord. Not sure of that either.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

If you don't mind... how do you do an F#minor chord? I'm a little confused about sharps. Could you please explain G#majors, F#minors and so on and how you get them?

Also, I saw someone mension a C diminished chord. Not sure of that either.

Thanks.

I play the majority, if not all, of the # chords as barre chords. Makes them much easier to pull off. F#m would look like this in TAB:

e------2
b------2
G-----2
D-----4
A-----4
E-----2

As far as the C dimished goes...I've never actually played a dimished or augmented chord on the guitar so I can't give you a TAB formation off hand...
The notes however, starting from the root of the chord, would be:

C Eb Gb

Hope that helps somewhat...

Se7en said:

I play the majority, if not all, of the # chords as barre chords. Makes them much easier to pull off. F#m would look like this in TAB:

e------2
b------2
G-----2
D-----4
A-----4
E-----2

As far as the C dimished goes...I've never actually played a dimished or augmented chord on the guitar so I can't give you a TAB formation off hand...
The notes however, starting from the root of the chord, would be:

C Eb Gb

Hope that helps somewhat...

Okay, I've copped the # thing now. It's just basically the minor chord on the scale: A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G#

Thanks a lot.

I'm going to look into that diminished thing because I'm far from certain on it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom