a song for a beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
I have been taking guitar lessons for a month now. Sadly, I can only play 3 chords: D, G, and A.

Any recommendations for U2 songs using these 3 chords? I'm tired of the lame ones in the book I've been using. I'm ready to ROCK!

You could play a half-step down version of Hawkmoon.

To play it properly, you need to capo the 1st fret, but you could just play it standard if you have no capo, wouldn't make any huge difference and might be easier to sing.

Doing this you wouldn't be able to play along to the album but it's a simple version to have some fun with.

the verses are just D-A and then during the "oooohh"'s he plays G. The chorus woould be all D-A until he sings the bit "room spins around" and that would be a G.

It's an easy song, really.

you should be able to easily pick up on it by ear. The only key is figuring out where the G's go, the rest is all D-A.

Last edited:
My daughter is taking lessons, and the only U2 she can attempt right now is One and Bad. And a Green Day tune...

Sunday Bloody Sunday is simple enough. The main riff is simple so you can learn how to play lead guitar with it, and the chords are just Bm-D-G over and over with slight differences. There's some harmonics in the song too, and those are fun to learn. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom