A question for singers or anyone who had singing lessons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
What's officially the highest note Bono ever hit?

Is it chorus from Pride, the "wide awake"s from Bad, "yeah yeah" in Angel of Harlem, anything from When love comes to town, "come on now love, don't you look back" from Who's gonna ride your wild horses?

Most recently, it's probably Kite (I'm a man ... part), right? How high is that compared to the previous ones?

I'd say the falsetto in I Can't Help Falling In Love.

No clue though. Not exactly the thing anyone ever told me in class.

if you are talking falsetto(which is to high for Bono and he loves to do) its definately "Cant stop falling in Love", but if you mean his actual voice w/o falsetto I think it might be "In a little while"

adamswildhoney said:
if you mean his actual voice w/o falsetto

:yes:

I hadn't thought of In a little while - I guess that's pretty high too, or Stuck, the "I never thought you were a fool" and "and you are such a fool" parts...

I think it's the end of the bridge in "Wild Horses".
When he sings "Come on now love, don't you look BACK!"
It's a high C or something like that.

Bono doesn't hit high-C in any of his songs. He hits a B flat in Angel of Harlem ("yeah-yeah"). In a little while is actually not a very high song - just that it stays up there, makes it tiring to sing. But he uses muscle coordination so much anyways, that the whole "high note" issue is a lesser one.

In the beginning Bono used to just belt everything. Any vocal coach will work with you in the interest of protecting your voice, and someone of Bono's stature has to have worked with so many of them. I think the changes in his singing style are reflective of his deteriorating voice, but also simply because he's had to switch it up to keep singing (more of the muscle coordination, I mean, versus belting it).

When you sing so much, the edge of your voice gets worn down, and eventually it makes it actually easier to coordinate your chest and head voices. Bono seems to do that pretty well.

My 2 cents. I don't see a vocal coach regularly, but those that I have had sessions with have really helped me to understand this concept well - crucial to anyone who takes their vocal instrument seriously, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom