A Easy U2 Song For Bass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lozy9876

The Fly
Hey, Im helping one of my friends learn Bass and they want to learn a U2 song. Anyone have any Ideas/Tabs of an easy Song?

Ive already taught them New Years Day though. :)

Thanks. :wink:

Last edited:
With Or Without You?

though if they already learned New Year's Day, they could do something harder than that then. :)

With or Without You is very easy for bass.

E --------10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10/5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5/7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7/3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3--------

Vertigo is easy too, and it's the same all time.

A -------5-7-7-5-7-7-5-7---------------------
E -------------------------------5-5-5-5-4-3-3

streets is just 5th fret on the a string until the slide to the 10th then to the 14th, 12th, 3rd and back up to 15. listen to it to make more sence of what im saying lol
for the chorus its

( Where the streets have noo nammeeeeeee)

G:14-12-11--12p11h12p11-14-12-11-12p11h12h11
D:-------------------------------------------------------------
A:----------------------------------------------------------------
E:---------------------------------------------------------------

then:

(we're still buildin then buring down love...)

on the dstring
D: 12-14-14-12-11h12-14-12-11h12p11-12h14-14-14-12-11h12-14-12-11h12-11

(and when i go there....)

D: 9 (x16times)/ 7(x16 times) then back to main part

thats how i play it, sorry if it doesnt make much sence

The Beautiful Day verse riff I play like this:

G:---------------7-7-7-0-0-0-0-0-7-7-7-7-------
D:-7-7-7-9-9-9-----------------------------7-7-7-

Something like that. Do it over and over. Sunday Bloody Sunday, Trip Through Your Wires, and Elevation are easy too. Adam Clayton's bass is easy to learn, but still interesting to hear.

Yea Gloria is good, but it's tough for beginners. I've been playing for almost a year now and I still fumble on Gloria (or maybe Im doing something wrong, I dunno)

Seconds is quite fun to play. Zoo station is nice and easy to and has got a catchy rythem

Well, i started off learning bass just by playing to U2 songs. Then i progressed onto other bands like Queen... world of difference. Gloria = 'an easy Queen song' imo.

I just tried out Desire... now I know why Adam's looking bored when they do that on Rattle & Hum :)

Never tried to type out tab before but here goes...

A:-5-------------
E:--5-0--5-0-5- etc...

then when he goes "With a red guitar"...

A:-5--5-5--5-5-5-
E:-------------------5--5-5--5-5-5-....

and back to the other bit.

Then just stroll around and smoke a cigarette or something ;)

Alisaura said:

Never tried to type out tab before but here goes...

A:-5-------------
E:--5-0--5-0-5- etc...

then when he goes "With a red guitar"...

A:-5--5-5--5-5-5-
E:-------------------5--5-5--5-5-5-....

and back to the other bit.

Regarding the Desire tab above, I just realised that it only works that way if you tune down half a step... Sorry if that confused anyone! :(

I just wish half the songs I'm trying to learn (NYD, Velvet Dress, Desire) weren't tuned down that way... it's kinda irritating for a newbie like me. Maybe my bass is cheap and nasty, but I don't like how slack the strings get when I tune it down (or maybe I need new strings?). I can work around it on NYD, but not on Desire. :mad:

</rant>

:reject:

You dont always need to tune down, just play everything one fret to the right of what it should be. But sometimes it is easier to tune down... If you have old strings, getting new ones will really show a change and sound better.

Does anyone know the bass tabs for A Man and a Woman?
Ive tryed looking on different sites and they all seem to say ist against the law or something. I found one but it didnt sound anything like it.
So if anyone could post me the correct tabs for A man and a woman that'd be great!
Thanks
:)

mandrake said:
You dont always need to tune down, just play everything one fret to the right of what it should be. But sometimes it is easier to tune down... If you have old strings, getting new ones will really show a change and sound better.

Yeah, on NYD I can just play one fret to the right, but Desire uses an open E (or E-flat in this case) string, and I don't have a five-stringed bass, so I can't get around it.
I guess I should visit the music store... I've never changed the strings before! :yikes:

Eek! Basstabarchive.com has got that legal message... :(

i'd say with or without you is REALLY easy to learn for bass guitar. D - A- B- G. pretty simple.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For is a little harder than With or Without You on Bass, but it is so fun to play!

Back
Top Bottom