A better idea: Form band. Achieve relative success. OPEN FOR U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i_love_adam

War Child
Won't it be a better idea to tour with and open for U2? Think Kings of Leon and KKKEANE! Whoohoo! Love Keane! Of course, some degree of talent is necessary. Love Keane's piano parts now...

So anyway, my point is OPENING for U2 is bigger than mimicking and imitating U2!! In my own not-so-humble, innovative opinion.

WTF?!?! They will not break uP!!!! Nuts!!! :blahblah::huh: :| :mad: :madspit:

Hahaha! I forgive you. I think you were possessed by Chris Martin then. They will bow out gracefully when I graduate. No, when I get my 1st job. No, when I get married. No, when I... :wink:

It would be nice to play a big stadium or arena. But I'm not sure the U2 audience is very receptive to most of the opening acts U2 have choosen over the years. At best they seem apathetic, at worst hostile.

Besides, why settle on opening for U2. The goal should be to have U2 open for you!

Opening for U2, or any big arena act for that matter, usually sucks for the support act. The room is half empty, the house lights aren't on, the people that are there don't care... I'm reading the new Pixies biography and the chapter about them opening the ZooTV shows is pretty sad.

Muad'zin said:

Besides, why settle on opening for U2. The goal should be to have U2 open for you!

Yes, U2 might have opened for you 25 years ago if you were the Clash or the Whos or the Beatles or whoever else was famous waaaay back then

Back
Top Bottom