2U - the tribute band thats gonna tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jag0918

Refugee
I saw 2U the tribute band last night. The new singer is this guy from 9 Days. To say the least, the band did not look like that wanted to be there last night. The show wasnt very good, and the singer sounds nothing like Bono. The rest of the band arent the most social people. This is a real shame cuz the other tribute band UF (Unforgettable Fire) always made sure they tried for a connection with the crowd. Apparently since 2U plays gigs 4-5 nights a week the former singer simply couldnt do it anymore & burnt himself out. I really dont see this band being around much longer. BUT if you guys are ever on the east coast close to the NYC area, I highly recommend UF www.uf2.com they are amazing!

when did this happen. Im confused as I see there regular singer, Tom on there website as well as there myspace yet there is a review with the introduction of a new singer and an email link to be an understudy to be a Bono in there band.... Im confused.

P

That really sucks. I saw them twice in Worcester. The first night was awesome but afterwards I asked fake Bono if they ever play rarities from Boy (they only played I Will Follow that night). I told him they should do Electric Co.
They came back a couple months later and played Electric Co., I Will Follow, and Out of Control in a row, and they were even more awesome.
That's too bad if their singer is done, he was awesome, his voice was almost a deadringer for Bono.

Back
Top Bottom