Zane Low Recent Interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's a condescending idiot, I don't know why the band think so highly of him. Wish he had stayed in NZ.

Why did he come across as a idiot?

U2 havent been played on bbc radio 1 which its target audience is 16-25 for years and when they do get played the dj playing them is a idiot??

If your talking about the end of the interview zane was taking the mickey because Bono said they want to play small club venues like the o2 which is a 20,000 seater arena. Not exactly small is it

He did say in a couple of months but then he finshed his sentence with " its finshed when its finshed"

Jesus, all these ideas we've heard about over the years, all these supposedly ready-made albums, and what? Nothing much different from the usual self-conscious line.

i loved the interview! (but Zane was irritating at the end)

Very often, in art, titles are the last thing you find, and working titles can change all the time, so the absence of a title (IF even true) is not necessarily something to worry about.

The good thing is journalists will stop saying the name of the new album is "10 reasons to exist".

The good thing is journalists will stop saying the name of the new album is "10 reasons to exist".

But there's guaranteed to be at least one who'll report "working title - INsecurity" :lol: re Zane. He's like a hyperactive semi-obnoxious kid. Can't stand his "persona", Jo Whiley tends to interview U2 better.

seriously i thought it was a "securitas/in-securitas" joke? did i not hear right? :lol:

Anyone else think he came off like a clown?

i loved the interview! (but Zane was irritating at the end)

Zane Lowe is a pretentious wanker, IMO. I dislike him quite a lot, and I actually think the band don't like him very much either, but see him as an important tool they can't afford to ignore.

Zane Lowe is a pretentious wanker, IMO. I dislike him quite a lot, and I actually think the band don't like him very much either, but see him as an important tool they can't afford to ignore.

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I read on another forum that Daniel Lanois gave a new interview and said he isn't involved in the new U2 record and he's pretty happy about it because it's such a tough job working with U2, they take years and years for an album. He said he'll have a whiskey with Danger Mouse when it's all done. :lol:

Sorry, can't find the interview now but maybe someone else can.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I read on another forum that Daniel Lanois gave a new interview and said he isn't involved in the new U2 record and he's pretty happy about it because it's such a tough job working with U2, they take years and years for an album. He said he'll have a whiskey with Danger Mouse when it's all done. :lol:

Sorry, can't find the interview now but maybe someone else can.
GG-winner Daniel Lanois talks U2, Peter Gabriel – and hockey - The Globe and Mail

Not a new interview, but pretty much in line of what you mentioned.

Regarding the potential bringing in of new producers?

No. In regards to release date. But it's recently been clarified that he said "a couple" which is less specific than NME'a literal 2 month interpretation. A literal 2 months would contrast.

I didn't pay attention to the producer stuff, I'll need to read again. But as you'll probably recall I did call that (second guessing, bringing in new production) some time ago..

No. In regards to release date. But it's recently been clarified that he said "a couple" which is less specific than NME'a literal 2 month interpretation. A literal 2 months would contrast.

I didn't pay attention to the producer stuff, I'll need to read again. But as you'll probably recall I did call that (second guessing, bringing in new production) some time ago..

Well, technically, "a couple" literally means "two". But I suppose that that word is sometimes used to mean "two or more".

This is all really interesting. Some of us said as recently as December that they were still working on this thing...

It would not surprise me at all if they were still tweaking these songs, if not completely reworking some of them or writing/recording "new" ones at this stage. I don't remember reading anywhere (at least anywhere reliable) that the record was finished. Fans here (and elsewhere) just assumed (hoped) it was done, so any information which contradicts this creates cognitive dissonance, and must therefore be discarded. The same thing happened a while back with the talk of how the never-announced record was somehow "delayed".

But it makes perfect sense that they're still working on this thing, and in fact it would be completely consistent with their modus operandi on previous releases.

...and this was quickly mocked a few posts later and accused of "baseless speculation" for saying so by those who have been insisting this thing has been "essentially finished" (repeatedly) 6+ months ago. Except that now Bono is saying the record isn't finished at all.

Well, technically, "a couple" literally means "two". But I suppose that that word is sometimes used to mean "two or more".

I agree. I always read "a couple" to mean "2" give or take 1. So, anywhere from 1.5-3. :wink:

When I want to say 3 or more, up to about...5 or 6..I say "a few".

When I want to say more than that, I use "several"

Zane's wife: "Oh baby, are you upset and saddened by people calling you names again and being generally disliked by a large number of people around the world?"

Zane: "Yiss"

Back
Top Bottom