Your least favourite song on NLOTH now that the album is sinking in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:angry:

I'm not in love anymore! :angry: I dare you? MOS is :drool:

Fez is... Those damn sounds (I don't know if it's a guitar, a effect or both) in the chorus are really anoying to my ears. :|

At the start I didn't like Fez-Being Born at all, and didn't have much love for Cedars either. My opinion on the former has done a complete about-turn
This.:up: Was exactly the same with me. In the beginning i hated Being Born. Now it's one of my favourite songs ever.:applaud:

:angry:

I'm not in love anymore! :angry: I dare you? MOS is :drool:

Fez is... Those damn sounds (I don't know if it's a guitar, a effect or both) in the chorus are really anoying to my ears. :|

when i listen to it with headphones, i always think i hear someone knocking on the front door.

I don't hate anything on NLOTH. But these would be my ratings:

Excellent - NLOTH, MOS, WAS

Good - Magnificent, Breathe, F-BB

Okay - Cedars, Boots, UC

Weaker - Crazy, SUC

when i listen to it with headphones, i always think i hear someone knocking on the front door.

When I listen to the album version of Crazy Tonight while driving, there are a couple of points in the hong where I swear I can hear the horn of an eighteen-wheeler blaring at me. It kinda freaked me out the first time it happened.

SUC really sucks arse but the absolute stinker is.....

GOYB - bordering on embarassment worse song of the decade if not all time. I truly can't find one redeeming quality from this song and I still would argue that sales might have been different if this was not the lead single or even on the album, if they have such a huge cache of songs and they actually picked this one to be on the album worries me a bit.

loves all the songs except SUC - i think crazy and goyb mess up the flow of the album but there are well made good songs - SUC is the only song that sounds forced or contrived - i think its one of the worse songs they have ever made up there with Refugee

i am in the minority but my least favorite is 'white as snow.' don't hate it, but least favorite.

GOYB is the worst, although it is slightly better live :ohmy:

Fez reborn is the best and I would love U2 to open with it in the summer:):):):) :applaud:

i can't think of a song in the entire u2 catalog that is worse than SUC. give me the refugee, the playboy mansion, 200 rehearsal takes of salome, anything is better than SUC.

i got 6 just off the top of my head.

Red Light
The Refugee
Is That All?
The Playboy Mansion
Wild Honey
All Because Of You

Is That All? and All Because of You are close. i enjoyed the live versions of Wild Honey. as for the War album, Surrender is the only song i can't listen to. i guess it's a matter of opinion.

also, while the songs are hit and miss, i respect the attitude/feel of the whole R&H album. SUC is just awful in every way.

i got 6 just off the top of my head.

Red Light
Deliciously bad, but SUC sure never is.

The Playboy Mansion
:shame:

Wild Honey
All Because Of You
At least these ones are fun.

It's definitely SUC for me. Would be a lot better with a stranger guitar sound and different lyrics. While I don't hate it, it's the worst link in a great chain of songs. Just one pop song too many, and the worst one of the middle 3, I think. Cedars is probably second runner-up - I just can't get into it. I mean, I can every once in a while, but it certainly doesn't get better the more I revisit it. And rarely do I feel I gotta listen to Cedars! - unlike every other track on the album. If I want moody, scatterbrained rambling I have other songs to turn to.

Is That All rocks the casbah. It's also one of their most honest songs. I mean, come on, it's a song about creative frustration (at least that's what i take from it). It's not the greatest song, but it is an excellent way to wrap up the October album.

the horror!

I actually like stand up comedy. maybe the worst song on the album? but i think that speaks more to the strength of the album rather to comedy's deficiencies. still, i find it to be an enjoyable track.

Not the worst Eno song though. That's the first minute of Fez-Being Born. :wink:

What?? That's the best bit :)

I think Cedars, FEZ being born and Magnificent are up there with some of U2's best work, NLOTH and MOS are up there as well.
GOYB and Crazy Tonight are decent enough but nothing special in the great U2 scheme of things.
Breathe and White As Snow are very interestings songs that just fall a little bit short for me, but are by no means bad songs.
Unknown Calller...? Well i admire them for trying something different and I want them continue in that same spirit, but ultimately I don't like this song, parts of it are really quite embarrassing, however I don't hate it and was very happy to hear it live and was surprised at how good it sounded in that setting.
SUC however is another story, sounds like it was written by committee, too many buzz slogans, naff riff that's supposed to sound like "real" rock and roll, but doesn't. I've disliked U2 songs before, not many, the only album songs I've disliked have been Miracle Drug and Walk On, but SUC is the only one I genuinely hate.

Back
Top Bottom