Would it not be the coolest thing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quiv

Acrobat
Since Eno and Lanois are "visibly" collaborating on this album that they went on tour.

Imagine what they could do live with the extra support from those guys. The songs they could seriously due justice to from Unforgettable Fire on.

"That'd be heeeeaps sick aayy"

I would love to see that. Not too sure about night-after-night appearances, on stage for every song, but maybe like 20 concerts or something, maybe an encore where they join the lads on stage, I don't know.

Do they normally tour with them? they wouldn't would they.

I think it will be difficult (definately a whole tour) as they probably have other commitments. but I would love to see this happening.
Lanois played several times with them on some shows... Eno only when Edge and Bono did the Pavarotti show (during Miss Sarajevo) I think

If Lonios/Eno joined them on stage, would they be The Passengers rather than the Larry Mullen Jnr band?

They would have to split the profits 6 ways rather than 4 ways. Bono, the The Edge, Larry and Adam are too thrifty for that.:D

I think it will be difficult (definately a whole tour) as they probably have other commitments. but I would love to see this happening.
Lanois played several times with them on some shows... Eno only when Edge and Bono did the Pavarotti show (during Miss Sarajevo) I think

Yeah, but I'm talking about something planned and practiced. Where the musical arrangements would be less compromised with the added support. Those two had as much to do with the music as the band.

It won't happen, but expect some gracious liner notes thanking Eno and some song writing credits following the ATYCLB tensions.

It would be pretty stellar. But Eno isn't even going on tour with David Byrne to promote their new album/ play ...Bush Of Ghosts.

I get the feeling that Brian Eno is far past performing live, and only does it when the mood strikes, or circumstances beckon. That's realistically though. Hypothetically, having Eno and Lanois on stage (and maybe Terry Lawless too, every night!) would be something really cool.

I saw the Castle video for Pride last night and Lanios and Eno were part of the band even then.

Lets face it.

U2 have 6 members.
:heart:

Not so sure about it, defenitly not for a whole tour, U2 = larry, adam, bono and the edge for me.

Eno and lanois have contributed a lot and i would like to see them join the band for a few songs from time to time but not more.

Realistically Daniel Lanios writes/composes most of U2's songs.

He s the most important member of the U2 team.

Even more important than Bono.

It would be pretty stellar. But Eno isn't even going on tour with David Byrne to promote their new album/ play ...Bush Of Ghosts.

I just read (in Rolling Stone magazine) about how Brian Eno and David Byrne just released their second collaboration, AND that David Byrne is going to be touring their music alone.

Thank sweet baby Jesus for redundancy. :up:

Back
Top Bottom