"Window in the Sky"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i hear something in... the....sky in 402 as well.

of course, it was a blast trying to figure out vertigo's lyrics way back when with that beach clip...ditto miracle drug.

It's a nice title. :up:

I hope the song itself isn't one of the beach clips though.

PlaTheGreat said:

:huh: :huh:

This is really twisted logic. Haha, pun! :shifty:
He means it will be harder for people to remember the name of the song, not the song itself! For example, it would be hard for a casual music fan to remember the name of 'Bad' if they heard it on the radio, considering the word, "bad" doesn't even appear once.

Michael Griffiths said:

He means it will be harder for people to remember the name of the song, not the song itself! For example, it would be hard for a casual music fan to remember the name of 'Bad' if they heard it on the radio, considering the word, "bad" doesn't even appear once.

thx for explaining it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
really hurt smells like teen spirit... i really that song woulda taken off if they had just put the title in the chorus.

dont nit pick

Headache in a Suitcase said:
really hurt smells like teen spirit... i really that song woulda taken off if they had just put the title in the chorus.

Haha.. what about Bohemian Rhapsody? Poor song may have done better if they had all gone "Bismillah! No bohemian rhapsody, rhapsody! Bismillah! No bohemian rhapsody, rhapsody!!!"

:p

vaz02 said:

Well you might hear it on the radio but you might not have a clue wot the title of the song was.

People are like that.

You're right, people crave instant gratification these days so if things aren't super easy to figure out they'll just drop it.

I just hope U2 doesn't cater to these lazy teenage girl types.

Why can't they name it "Bono Eats Babies"

I'm sure the retarded American public will understand it then...

Michael Griffiths said:

On my planet, Bad wasnt a single.

t8thgr8 said:

On my planet, Bad wasnt a single.
That's too bad. Or shall I say, not "bad" enough. :wink:

But my point still stands, as I said, if they (the casual fans) heard it on the radio, it would be hard for them to remember.... I didn't ever say it was a single. And besides, I have heard 'Bad' on the radio before. Your planet should re-align itself. I would suggest making a complaint with the interstellar planetary commission.

The title makes me think of Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky," which is bad.

Not because Stevie Wonder is bad. Not at all - Stevie rocks.

I've just watched American Idol too long and have heard too many wannabe R&B boys massacre the song.

Now all I can hear when I see the title is: "There's a window in the skyyyyyy ... for our looooo (a thousand mellismas) ooooove!!!"

Michael Griffiths said:

they (the casual fans) heard it on the radio[/i], it would be hard for them to remember.... Your planet should re-align itself. I would suggest making a complaint with the interstellar planetary commission.

It would be pretty lame if U2 start worrying about how song titles are remembered. They seem to actually go out of their way to confuse when naming things, if the last two album titles are held up as evidence. :wink:

I like the name of the song...maybe it's about space?

t8thgr8 said:
Will do. Ive never heard it outside of my u2 collection. Although I rarely listen to the radio anymore.

I have heard the "wide awake in america" version a couple of times.

Yeah, the "classic rock" station here in Seattle has played the album version occasionally, and The Mountain ("adult alternative," for lack of a better term) occasionally plays the WAiA version. They also play a live version of Elevation from the '01 tour, which blew my mind the first time I heard THAT on the radio!

Michael Griffiths said:
My guess is November, 2007.

Bingo. U2 is more of a corporation than a band at times. Even if the new album was finished by the summer, they would save its release until Christmas because that equates to millions of extra CD sales.

angelordevil said:

It would be pretty lame if U2 start worrying about how song titles are remembered. They seem to actually go out of their way to confuse when naming things, if the last two album titles are held up as evidence. :wink:

Actually, the last two album titles are quite memorable, especially the last one. I think odd sounding titles such as HTDAAB stick in the mind really well. But I know that artists do put a lot of thought into titles, and even how they're remembered. For example, 'Leaving on a Jet Plane' by John Denver was originally going to be called 'Oh babe, I hate to go' (if my memory is correct), but I think it was John Denver's manager that suggested the line from the song, "Leaving on a jet plane" because it was far more memorable since it was far less generic. If a title conveys an image, a mental picture to tie down the title in some way, we usually associate the mood of the song to that title. It's just the way our minds work. I think a good, memorable title is a vital aspect of creating art. Speaking from personal experience, I agonize over good titles when I write a poem, a story, or what have you.... You have to pick something that works, something that strikes a chord. Usually these are the memorable ones.

angelordevil said:

I forgot about this part of your post! Yes, it would be great if it is about something outside of the earth paradigm. U2 haven't ventured outside the atmosphere in its songwriting yet....and this would definitely be unchartered territory for them (or just about anyone for that matter!). Seriously, though, I would like to see some metaphysical writing from U2 -- and this title is certainly indicative of that.

Michael Griffiths said:

I forgot about this part of your post! Yes, it would be great if it is about something outside of the earth paradigm. U2 haven't ventured outside the atmosphere in its songwriting yet....

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocketship into the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of light
Turn it on, turn it on, you turn me on"

BonoVoxSupastar said:

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocketship into the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of light
Turn it on, turn it on, you turn me on"
Funny, I'm listening to that song right now. This is more spiritual than metaphysical, though I can see how the two can be the same thing. This stanza, to me, is about what happens when we die, how our energy shoots to the stars, how we follow the trail of our life after we keep going after death, how we get back to ourselves -- and how we are reborn once again.

quadcaster said:

listening to 402 again..... and just before each of those hmtmkmkm type solo parts, i can definetly hear bono sing "dow in the sky"

and well all know how much the lyrics for the songs arent really finished until they record, so its quite possible that

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

402 is a classic! I don't want it on a crappy best of! :rant: :combust: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom