'Window In The Skies' -- The "Eternal Song"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually liked Electrical Storm more. :wink: I'd put it up next to Sweetest Thing in quality, but it's not freaking amazing like 402. :sad:

Last edited:
The chorus has that "eternal", collective subconsciussness quality to it. :yes: Could be a huge song for them.

I think it'll have a great crowd response, the Oh oh oh ohooh before Please don't leave me out of here... and the chorus are great singalongs!

2861U2 said:
U2 should just stick with "W" songs for the rest of their career. Those seem to turn out pretty well.

Where The Streets Have No Name
With Or Without You
Walk On
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Window In The Skies

and one of my favorites, Wild Honey :wink:

Walk to the Water
Where did it all go wrong?

Sleep Over Jack said:
Thanks for posting that. I'm expecting something better than the last two albums but not "greatest song ever" type stuff. :)

I think this is what WITS ended up as..it is an excellent song although, it's getting better with each listen. I'd put it up there with another 3 or 4 2000-era tunes as their best of this decade so far.

What a great song, took me a few listens due to the quality factor but what a great song!

Great lyrics great guitaring EDGE IS ON FIRE :D

2861U2 said:
U2 should just stick with "W" songs for the rest of their career. Those seem to turn out pretty well.

Where The Streets Have No Name
With Or Without You
Walk On
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Window In The Skies

and one of my favorites, Wild Honey :wink:

don't forget Wake Up Dead Man...:drool:

yeah, Window is damn good. Eternal? I don't know; that's a tall order. But it does have that Beatles/Lennon perfect pop feeling. The chorus is good, the end is amazing.

Isn't this beautiful? No political arguments, no bashing, just a bunch of U2 fans marvelling @ first listen 2 another gem. :hug:

I'm pleased there are none of the awkward slide guitar riffs that have been on the last two albums, I never really took to them. I'll also say the chorus is a monster, and feels unforced which I think has been a problem on many of their 2000-era tunes.

Sleep Over Jack said:
I'm pleased there are none of the awkward slide guitar riffs that have been on the last two albums, I never really took to them. I'll also say the chorus is a monster, and feels unforced which I think has been a problem on many of their 2000-era tunes.

BINGO! This man has got it right! The song definitely feels more natural than most of HTDAAB. For instance, the guitar here in the chorus sounds fresher than the odd Electrical Storm like guitar in the Time verse of COBL.

AtomicBono said:

yeah, Window is damn good. Eternal? I don't know; that's a tall order. But it does have that Beatles/Lennon perfect pop feeling. The chorus is good, the end is amazing.

:yes: all around

we'll see how it stands up over time. I'm liking it a ton right now & think I can easily find new things to like in it as time goes on.

I'm loving the Beatles feel to it----because it still has a fairly unique U2 feel to it, as well. Now I'm very curious to hear what the rest of the Abbey Road tracks sound like----and what changes they've done to the rest of the beach clips (and perhaps Mercy :hmm: )

Zootlesque said:

BINGO! This man has got it right! The song definitely feels more natural than most of HTDAAB. For instance, the guitar here in the chorus sounds fresher than the odd Electrical Storm like guitar in the Time verse of COBL.

I agree it doesn't sound forced.......:lol: at all of HTDAAB

What i like is:

Bono finally singing some high parts as well! He needs to do that more like in the POP and Achtung and Zooropa era.

Just a personal thing.

JCOSTER said:

Me too, I thought the silent tears were coming. I always listen to a new U2 song with my eyes closed, this one really moved me. Gave me chills. The ending just took off. :drool:

Yeah, it gave me chills too. :drool: (though that might be due to that lingering cold I'm fighting off that refuses to leave, but anyway... :lol: )

The song isn't "eternal", but it's another great work from an amazing band.

About the slide riffs, I agree that the ending of Electrical Storm is one of the most awkward and bizarre things Edge has played. In a negative way, unfortunately. It sounds like Donald Duck having a dump.

I like it though in City of Blinding Lights and it is really beautiful in Miracle Drug.

Utoo said:

:yes: all around

we'll see how it stands up over time. I'm liking it a ton right now & think I can easily find new things to like in it as time goes on.

I'm loving the Beatles feel to it----because it still has a fairly unique U2 feel to it, as well. Now I'm very curious to hear what the rest of the Abbey Road tracks sound like----and what changes they've done to the rest of the beach clips (and perhaps Mercy :hmm: )

exactly, although it is clearly heavily beatles-inspired, it still has that unique u2-sound that is so familiar. that's what distinguishes u2 from oasis. i want u2 to record more at abbey road with rick rubin. and put george martin in there too.

djerdap said:
About the slide riffs, I agree that the ending of Electrical Storm is one of the most awkward and bizarre things Edge has played. In a negative way, unfortunately. It sounds like Donald Duck having a dump.

I like it though in City of Blinding Lights and it is really beautiful in Miracle Drug.

I feel the opposite. I love the ending to Electrical Storm but absolutely hate the bridge of COBL. A high point for me was listening to the radio edit for the first time and saying "thank god" when the bridge ended early. Love the solo in Miracle Drug by the by.

Back
Top Bottom